Closing Distance

*Your POV*

Even though I had an emotionless expression most of the time, that didn't mean that I couldn't feel emotions. Tears ran down my cheeks as I reached for another piece of tissue from the tissue box. It couldn't be... no it shouldn't have turned out like this. Why...

"WHHHYYYY MENMAAA?! NOOOOO!!!"

Anime these days were really intense! I noted that in my mind as I threw away the used tissue papers into the kitchen dustbin. I caught my reflection from the mirror in the hallway. My eyes were a little red and I looked at myself in the mirror. If Len ever saw me crying, what would he do? I shook my head again. It's him again! Why does he keep appearing in my thoughts?

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I peered outside and froze. There were the blonde-haired twins, along with teal-haired girl whose hair was tied into twintails. I checked my reflection in the mirror once more. Damn you Anohana, how dare you make my face so obvious with these tear streaks?! From behind the door came Miku's voice.

"Hey (y/n)-chan open the door! I've brought the twins over today!"

"!! Just a minute!"

I washed away the stains but stared at myself. How could I hide these red puffy eyes? My eyes caught sight of the sunglasses on the shoe rack.

"What's taking her so long? Never mind, I have a spare key! (Y/n)-chan we're coming in!"

Why... Why does Miku have a spare key to my house?! The door opened revealing the three Vocaloids, whose happy expressions changed as soon as they saw me.

"(Y-y/n)-senpai? What the-"

"(Y/n)-chan why are you wearing sunglasses inside your house?"

I looked away while scratching my head desperately for a suitable reply. They must never know!

"I... I got hit in the eye by a baseball. The doctor said it interfered with my ability to adjust to the light so I have to wear sunglasses for now until it heals."

Rin and Miku didn't think twice before crushing me in a bear hug. I glanced at Len, who somehow looked slightly disappointed (?). At least my sorry excuse of a lie was accepted.

"Poor (y/n)-chan! I hope your eyes will heal quickly!"

"Senpai it's okay! We still love you!"

While the Kagamine twins made their way quickly into the living room, Miku slowed her pace to match mine and smirked.

"Let me guess, you already watched that anime?"

"... Damn you Miku, you knew I would watch it yesterday right after you recommended me and brought along the twins to my house today. What are you up to?"