Fire Flower

***Flashback Time!***

The blonde-haired boy with the ponytail sat against the fence while sighing deeply to himself. His twin sister Rin told him that she wanted to work separately this time and that he had to write his own song. That was the problem; he hadn't a single clue on how to continue his song. That problem brought him all the way to the rooftop, where he thought he could somehow write the song in peace. Instead, nothing seemed to be working out. Len placed the unfinished song lyrics on the ground and mustering all his strength, he yelled.

"HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO WRITE A SONG IN JUST TWO DAYS IT'S IMPOSSSIIIBBLLLEEE!!!"

Following his yell came a gasp. Len turned around to see a girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. She had been walking to the other side of the roof with a bento when his yell had made her jump in fright. Len blushed, he must really look like an idiot to her.

"Ah... sorry I was just trying to release stress..."

"It's okay, I do that too sometimes..."

The girl walked towards him and sat next to him. She then took up the piece of paper and studied his work. For some reason, Len felt embarrassed.

"That's-! It's not complete yet! I've been struggling with the lyrics so it isn't good-"

"What are you talking about? It's great!"

Len stopped short at her answer. She gave him an honestly amazed look.

"You should have more confidence with yourself. The lyrics are good and unique, is it a love story?"

"Yeah... it's supposed to be set in the theme of summer but I feel like I need to make the chorus to be something really special, something that can symbolize the love..."

Why was he telling all these to a girl he just met? The girl didn't seem to mind and had her eyebrows furrowed deep in thought. After a while her eyes opened and she scanned the lyrics once more.

"His feelings for the girl is like a budding flower right? Since it's a summer theme, how about... 'Fire Flower'?"

"Fire... Flower...?"

"It symbolizes how love is like blooming just like fireworks in the sky. Because 'fireworks' sound a little dull, 'Fire Flower' sounds much better."

Instantly ideas began to flow in his mind. Len took back the paper from the girl with full of gratitude.

"Thank you so much! Oh, I'm Kagamine Len from class 1-B by the way."

"I'm (y/n) from class 2-A, nice to meet you Kagamine-kun and you're welcome. Do let me know if you're feeling troubled again, okay?"

"Yes Senpai!"

Len happily began to work on his lyrics while the girl ate. Occasionally he glanced at the girl beside him, who looked as delicate as an angel. Something about her seemed to keep catching his attention and he didn't know why.

It was only after he completed the song that he realized that (y/n) had been his inspiration for his song.

***End of Flashback!***

Len smiled to himself sadly as he leaned against the fence. The day he learnt of love was the day he met (y/n). Sadly, it seemed like (y/n) had forgotten how she met him and already had someone in her mind. It was never him from the start. Even if he saw that day as the most precious moment of his life, it didn't mean that she too saw it that way.

Len was about to make a move when the door to the rooftop slammed open. There was (y/n), looking quite exasperated and panting slightly. Once she regained her normal breathing rate, she called out to him.

"I knew you were here Len!"

******

*Your POV*

"S-Senpai?"

I walked towards Len at a brisk pace. He's not going to try to run away from me again, ever! As much as I doubted Rin's advice, I tried it anyway.

"Len you've misunderstood something! Kaito and I are cousins!"

Len's eyes widened. Rin was right, Len's eyes seemed to have regained that light.

"C-Cousins?"

Wow, so he really didn't know. I nodded and grabbed his hands. Who cares what I look like right now, all I wanted to do right now was to cheer up Len.

"Len, you know you can always ask me for help. If something's bothering you, just ask me. I told you before that you should tell me if you're feeling troubled, didn't I?"

Len's eyes widened at me and he blinked twice in disbelief.

"Senpai... you remembered?"

This idiot!

"Of course! How could I ever forget how you wrote those song lyrics so beautifully! You really went with my 'Fire Flower' idea didn't you? That song was really good!"

Len's eyes went all teary and all of a sudden he hugged me again. I froze, why was he being so emotional? Len broke off and grabbed my shoulders, forcing me to look straight at him.

"Senpai... that song couldn't have been done without you. Actually, you were my inspiration for the song..."

W-W-Wha-?!

"Also, there's something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time now..."

The blush on his face spread to his ears and I suffered from second-hand embarrassment.

"(Y/n)-senpai... no, (Y/n)... I love you so will you go out with me?"

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT THE-?! Nothing felt real for a moment. Len actually had feelings for me too?! My mouth widened into a smile and I pulled him into a hug, catching him off-guard.

"I love you too Len!!! I've been in love for you since forever!"

Len still blushed but there was a broad grin on his face as if the heavens had showed him paradise. I returned that look with a broad smile and apparently that was enough. He pulled me in for a kiss. Words couldn't describe how blissful a requited love actually felt. When our lips had finally parted for air, Len leaned his forehead onto mine.

"You're my Fire Flower, (y/n)."

That's the best damn thing I've heard in all my life.

A/N: Yay~ it's finished! ^w^ And yep, I like Fire Flower~! Thanks for reading this minna~! :D