Unexplainable Feelings

*Your POV*

This is a really bad idea. This is a really, really bad idea of a game.

I walked along the corridor of pitch black darkness with those thoughts in my head, shivering from the air-con I had accidentally left on. Being unaware of your surroundings was like being blind; anything could happen right in front of you but you can't see it. To cope with that fear, I leveled my breathing and felt about to find my way around. Finally I entered what seemed to be the storeroom, judging by the small door.

Against my will, I locked the small door and slumped onto the ground. My knees continued shaking and my breathing was still unstable. Once I've convinced myself that I was safe in the storeroom of my house, I calmed down considerably. That changed as soon as I heard the noise.

Some shifting of objects reached my ears and my fear escalated. I backed away into the corner, trying to identify the thing making all that sound. That sound, it's getting closer! I covered my ears and trembled violently. Someone, help!

"Senpai...?"

That voice... Len? The flash of a smartphone's light illuminated my figure and my eyes caught sight of the blonde-haired boy in the dim light. He had a look of pure shock on his face. I quickly turned my head away and tried to hide my fearful expression.

"F-Fancy seeing you here Len-kun."

Len didn't answer, instead he embraced me tightly. I had a sharp intake of breath as I squinted at Len. Kagamine Len was hugging me? His voice came out panicky and quite concerned.

"Senpai are you okay?! You look awful!"

"It-It's, uh, um..."

Wh-What do I do now?! While my head spun Len pulled away slightly to have a good look at my face using the light of his phone. I didn't attempt to resist, because there simply wasn't any point trying to hide my achluophobia. Len's forehead touched mine and he too looked a little worried.

"Senpai... it's okay. I'm here and there's nothing to be afraid of."

So kind, those words. Those words seemed to wash away my fears, enveloping my heart in a blanket of warmth. I smiled meekly at Len and placed my head on his shoulder.

"Len... thanks..."

I couldn't see his face, but he sure seemed grateful since his hands wrapped themselves around me once more. I welcomed his arms and automatically my hands wrapped around him like a vice grip. Only the sound of our breathing and his scent was all I could think about in there. We hugged like that for a couple of minutes in peace when the door opened, revealing Miku and Rin in the darkness. Both Len and I jumped in fright and broke off quickly as we met with their grins.

"Ohohoho~ what do we have here?"

"I-It isn't what it looks like Rin!"

"Sure you say that Len, but (y/n)-senpai what do you think?"

"There's nothing to think about. Len was just comforting me, that's all."

Was that really just it? I felt incinerated by my words more than I thought I would be. Looking at Len's face didn't help; he looked somewhat miserable at my reply.

Screw myself and my stupid pride.

******

*Len's POV*

I felt down basically most of the time, but I never showed that on my face. If that was how Senpai felt then I had to accept it. I can't just suddenly hope that Senpai might start to notice me; Senpai is like that after all. Everything simply held no meaning for her.