Blue Light Terror

Blue Light Terror

Kelly walked into the super center and headed back towards the craft department. She just needed to pick out a few more fabrics. The quilt she was making for her sister’s baby shower was almost finished.

She entered the department and glanced around, her eyes falling onto the sales associate.

“Good morning,” the woman greeted her cheerfully. “Can I help you with anything?”

Kelly shook her head. “No, it’s okay. I just have to grab some material.”

The woman smiled at her. “Okay. Just let me know if you need anything.”

She nodded as she returned the smile. “I will,” she told her before making her way down an aisle.

The store was quiet around her as she made her way to the fabrics lined up on the back wall. She stopped and looked at the choices in front of her. She ran her fingers over the materials, trying to find the perfect one.

She stopped as a smile spread across her lips. The pink fleece under her fingers felt soft against her skin. Perfect for a newborn. She slid the bolt out and glanced down at the price.

“Hello.”

Kelly glanced up. A guy stood a few feet from her. “Hi,” she replied quickly and focused on the fabric once again.

“I was wondering if you could help me with something,” the man spoke softly. “I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. Do you think you could help me find it?”

She shook her head. “I don’t work here. Sorry,” she told him as she pulled another bolt from the shelf.

“I really need help finding it,” the man insisted. “Could you please show me where it is?”

She frowned and looked over at the guy. She didn’t have time for this. “There’s a lady at the fabric table who can help you,” she told him. Her eyes drifted over him as a slight wave of fear crept over her. She brushed it away quickly and went back to picking out fabrics.

The man stepped closer to her. “It will only take a moment. Please say you’ll help me.”

Kelly took a step back. “Excuse me. I said no,” she snapped as she looked up at him. She gasped as she looked into his eyes. They were pitch black with absolutely no whites to them at all.

She let out a squeak as she took another step backwards. She felt as if all the hope had been sucked out of her life as she stared into those dark pools. Something was wrong with this man. Those eyes seemed to be windows into pure evil.

“Please,” he spoke again. “Just come with me. I need you to come with me.”

She shook her head, a mental alarm going off. If she went with him, it would be the end of everything for her.

“I’m sorry,” she muttered as she dropped the bolts back on the shelf. She pried her eyes away from his obsidian orbs and headed back down the aisle, praying he wouldn’t attack when she turned her back to him.

Kelly felt the evil cling to her as she went. She knew he was right behind her.

“I need you to come with me, miss,” he spoke as he followed. “It will only take a minute.”

She hurried passed the fabric table, causing the woman to look up from what she was doing.

“Is everything okay?” she asked, seeing Kelly’s face,

She shook her head. “I don’t think so. That man…” she said and turned around. The aisle was completely empty behind her.

The woman glanced down the aisle and then back at Kelly. “What man?”

She shook her head again. “I don’t know where he went.” She sighed when she saw the frown on the woman’s lips. “I’m okay. I’m fine,” she muttered as she walked away.

Kelly glanced nervously around her as she made her way towards the front of the store. She stopped suddenly, feeling the evil sweep over her once again. She glanced over her shoulder. The man was there, staring out of an aisle at her.

He shook his head as a slight smile crept over his lips. “It’s okay, you can go,” he told her softly. “I know where you live,” he said as he turned and disappeared down the aisle.