Chapter 1

I was sitting on the diwan near the window and looking outside. Well I was barely allowed to go outside. My past has been really fucked up. Sometimes I wonder why was I even born? If he didn't want me why didn't he kill me right after I was born? It would have been better than living a life like this. And guess what? My dad isn't the only problem. I'm tired of my grandmother always telling me to do this! don't do that! And I'm a big disgrace to their family! Since I was born nothing good has happened to our family and Mewar according to her. All she talks about is marrying me off as soon as possible.

"What are you thinking?" I came out of my thoughts as I heard my brother, mayank's voice. I smiled at him. No matter how much everyone hated me, he has always been with me. Though he's still a child but he's actually alot more mature than his age. He understands and comforts me well as if he's my older brother.

"Nothing, what are you doing her? If choti maa saw you here she will be angry!"

"So what? She's always angry" he giggled making me laugh too.

"You shouldn't say like that mayank" I chuckled. We were talking and laughing and didn't realise it was afternoon already.

After sometime Mayank fell asleep and I was reading a book when I heard some noises coming from outside. As I looked out of the window I saw people running around. Before I could make out what was happening a maid came to me, running.

"Mewar has been attacked! Badi ranisa told u to go to the secret chamber with mayank as soon as possible...she will be there with choti Rani sa soon!"

My eyes widened after hearing her words. Not like i didn't see this coming. I knew this day will come. Though Mewar was a prosperous and happy kingdom but Mewar was lagging behind because of the people's narrow mindedness and dominion behaviour of men over women. All the other kingdoms had somewhat improved in giving equal status to both genders but Mewar was still the same or you can say even worser.

I sigh and quickly wake mayank and take him with me to the chamber without any arguments. I knew it would be useless to argue now. The attack was so sudden, our people weren't ready. There's no chance of Mewar's win.

I was sitting on the floor of chamber, leaning to the pole. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard some women talking.

"If we lose then all of us will be enslaved of taken away by the men of the enemy dynasty."

"Yeah and I heard the king of jaigarh is really ruthless and harsh"

I was listening to them quietly when maa and choti maa came.

"Are you okay?" I look at mom as she sat beside me.

"Yeah I'm but everything is taking a bad turn for us all I guess" she sighed I knew what she meant exactly but we all had no other option then to wait. The doors of the chamber were locked from outside.

After around 2 hours of waiting someone's footsteps were heard from the stairs of the chamber. Everyone was hoping for it to be a soldier of Mewar with good news. I was holding my breath in as the footsteps were coming closer.
Finally the door opened, revealing a unknown face which meant a soldier of jaigarh.

"Mewar has lost the war to jaigarh. Rana ratan Chauhan was killed in the war. The women and children are requested to come with us peacefully or else we might have to use our own way to take u all with us!" His bitter words caused a big chaos in the chamber. The chamber was filled with cries and fear of the women who kind of knew that what was now going to happen to them.

Though I didn't show any emotions. I saw this coming. And my life had already been a living hell, then how come it can be more worser than this? I know nothing is going to be good now but atleast it won't be worser than my past. Whoever I'll be with or wherever I'll be I know it will be better.

I followed the soldiers quietly with the other women.

"I told u she was a disgrace and bad omen to this family, she even killed her father and now we all are going to suffer because of her." I heard my grandmother's words which kinda broke my heart though I was used to it.

"And how is it, my fault, grandma? I didn't invite them for the war or something then why am I at fault here?" I gathered courage and asked her in anger with a tear streaming down through my eyes.

"Yes it is your fault! You invited them for the war. The king of jaigarh got to know about you and asked for you from your father but that idiot refused to give his daughter to a stranger and now we all are having a hard time because of you! You only have to solve this or else it will be all your fault!"

Tears weren't stopping from my eyes. Was it really all my fault? Am I the reason for my father's death and the loss of our empire? Those words totally broke me. I was feeling numb. I didn't know what to do. I looked around at the women and children who were scared and unaware of what will happen to them. I took a deep breath and went to a guy who seemed to be a trustworthy person of the king.

"Can I talk to your king for once?" I asked him without thinking twice.

"And who do you think you are that I'll allow you to talk to maharaj?"

"I'm the princess, vaishali Chauhan, whom he was looking for!"

~~~

Hope you guys liked this chapter :)
It might be boring at first but I'll try my best to make it interesting.
Will update the next chapter very soon.
See ya all <33