Part 13

"I don't care about the team, the races, I can't miss the opportunity. I love her too much," I hear him saying.
But, thank God, I was the only one who heard that. In my head, in my mind. Lando kicks me slightly and wakes me from my thoughts. "Did you hear?" he says, but I shake my head: "No, I'm sorry. I got lost in my mind."
"I said that I love Vanessa very much, but because I know she loves you, I'm going to back off. You two have Viviene and you need to be a family again. I'm sorry, mate," Charles said, standing up and walking over to me and offering me his hand. I smile and stand up too. Instead of shake hands, I hug him. "Thank you, you don't know how much this means to me," I say. Boys shouts with joy. Everyone takes our own bottle of beer and we toast.
The evening turned into night and we drank quite a bit. We returned back to the hotel late at night, almost in the morning. I took a shower and call Vanessa via video call. When it had almost finished ringing, she answered all sleepy: "Carlos, is something wrong?"
"No, nothing's wrong. I just wanted to see and hear you."
She looks at the screen all sleepy, almost with her eyes closed. How cute she is. "It's 3.30 in the morning," she yawns. "I spent the night with the boys. Are you mad?"
"Are you drunk?"
"Nope honey, I'm not drunk."
I lay into bed naked.
"I wish you were here now."
"Me too, but not at this hour," she replies. I laugh: "I miss you, amor. I miss you very, very, very, very much. I'm thinking of ending my career."
"What?! What are you talking about. You're totally drunk."
"I'm not drunk."
Maybe a little, but I won't admit it to her. "Oh, Max said you talked with Kelly," I remember. "We didn't speak, she only wrote to me once."
She sits up and turns on the night light. How beautiful she is, all asleep. "Okay," I say as I look at her right nipple, which wants to escape from her nightgown. "Caress yourself," I say. "Chili," she protests. "Please. It will make easier for me to fall asleep. Just a little." She sighs: "Okay, but caress yourself too." I smile and take my already hard friend in my hand. Nessa bites her lip and rubs her nipple. We continue in such a way that in the end we are both satisfied again. "I love you, Vanessa Rivera. With all my heart," I say as I dirt the hotel sheets. Vanessa closes her eyes and leans back against the pillow: "I love you, Carlos Sainz. With all my heart."

The next morning I did a training session in the gym first, then we all had a media day. Charles and I buried the hatchet last night and now we're kind of friends again. "Hey mate how did you sleep?" Charlie comes up to me smiling. "Don't ask. I have a hangover."
"You look good," he taps me on the shoulder, then we sit in the car, which is already waiting for us with the driver, and then we drive off. "Let's make a selfie for Vanessa and send it to her?" Charles asks as he surfs on the internet. "Okay," I laugh myself. We took a selfie and after a few tries we succeed. "This one is great. Send it," I say. "Me? Won't you?"
"No, send it yourself."
Charles shrugs and looks for Vanessa on Whatsapp.
"What should I write?"
"Why are you asking me so many questions? You don't need permission for everything." Charles laughs: "Not for everything, but for what? If I want to kiss her or have sex with her?" Now we both laugh. "Kind of like that. Let's get serious."
"We're sending you best regards from Zandvoort. It's that okay?" he types and looks at me. I roll my eyes and sigh: "After a long night, we're on the way to the media day," I say. "And add below: your love Carlos and a friend who can't write messages."
We laugh like crazy again, so that every now and then the driver just looks at us in the rearview mirror.
We arrived for an interview for a Dutch magazine. "Did she replies yet?" I quietly ask Charles, when he shook his head: "Not yet." The interview begins, and we are again the old Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc. We are friends again.
"Guys, we got a lot of questions from our readers and one question was repeated several times," said the journalist. "Ah," I say, and Charles and I look at each other. We know what awaits us.
"Carlos, we know that you have a child, and it is also known that you and the child's mother broke up. Is that true?"
"I have a wonderful daughter, Vivien. Her mother, Vanessa and I had some disagreements, but now everything is in perfect order," I answer. Charles smiles and nods.
"Little is known about your private life, but there are rumors. Is it true that Charles is supposed to have a relationship with Vanessa, Carlos? And also few people saw Vanessa with Charles, holding hands, hugging. Am I wrong?" Charles is silent. I signal to him under the table that he can answer. "Erm, yeah. It...was just a friendly dinner." He blushes when the reporter starts digging into him with other questions. He's not comfortable, so I jump in. "Look, there were disagreements, between me and Vanessa, and between me and Charles, but now everything is settled and we are all friends. Thank you for your questions, it was a nice conversation," I say and end this long, painful interview.
"Ah, mate, thanks. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't prepared for this," Charles said as we walked out.
"I know Charlie but you should have thought of that before you got hooked up. You know people know us and news travels fast."
"Vanessa replied," he says afterwards and shows me the message.

- Vanessa to Charles
Oooooh, look at their eyes. 👀
You guys are having a totally hangover! You cannot hide it 😂

*Vanessa*

"Carlos' birthday is in three days," I say to Sofia. We are sitting in a cafe and drinking coffee. "Thinking about a special gift?"
"I'm thinking of surprising him in Zandvoort. He has a race that day." Sofia's eyes light up: "Perfect. You have to go there."
"Should I take Vivi with me?"
"I don't think so. You need to be alone for a bit. So you can have sex without worries."
"Ah, Sofia, only that's going through your head."
"Come on, admit that you want to be alone with him. You two should talk and decide what to do next. Vivi can be with me."
I nod: "You're right. We need to talk. I still don't trust him. You know he invited that Rebecca on the yacht..."
"Don't even talk to me about her. I met her at a colleague's birthday party. I won't waste words about her."
"I'm not really interested in anything about her. I'll call Kelly if she can help me with the surprise," I reply.

One hour later I picked up Vivien at riding school and now we are driving home.
"Mommy, daddy's birthday is on Sunday," she says.
"It's true, you remembered it."
"Yes, it's the first of September. Christmas is coming soon."
Our smart girl. Every first of September we started talking about presents for Christmas and that's how she remembered Carlos' birthday.
"That's right. First he gets a present from us, and soon after that Santa comes to visit us," I agree as I stop at the traffic lights. "What are we going to buy daddy?"
"I suggest that you draw him a picture, and mommy has to choose the gift." Vivi nods enthusiastically.
"For a few days you will be in the care of aunt Sofia. Mommy needs to talk to dad, so I will fly to the Netherlands. If the conversation will be successful, we will go to the next race together, okay?" I tell her. "Okay. Can I watch Daddy on TV with aunt Sofia?"
"Of course you can."
When we got home, Vivi starts excitedly packing her backpack and I texted Kelly. We agreed that I would fly to the Netherlands tomorrow morning. After the evening shower and dinner, we are now sitting in Vivi's room. "Here is my drawing for daddy," Vivi says as she shows me a picture. There was a big red Ferarri.
"It's daddy's car. And with it he'll won a race this sunday."