Chapter 2

After ten minutes of thinking and walking, I finally arrived home. My house is a modest home, with three floors stacked on top of each other. The house is made out of a sturdy wood imported from Japan, and the entire building is completely covered in a bright sunny yellow. There is a small porch on the outside of the ground level, and the upper two levels have an indoor porch each, perfect for watching the sunset in cold weather. The inside is amazing. The ground floor has a kitchen/dining room combo with all the amenities, a living room with a large flatscreen TV, a nice fireplace, and a staircase that leads both upstairs and downstairs. The stairs that go downstairs lead to the basement. The basement is very versatile. It has a game room with various video game consoles and a large TV, a couple of bathrooms, a shower, a hot tub, and a laundry room. It also has a meditation room that has calming music playing all the time. I go to that room all the time whenever I feel stressed. Such a great place. I would definitely recommend one for your home.

The second floor has my writing office, a couple of bathrooms, and a small home gym that has a couple of cardio machines, a large TV, a stereo, and weightlifting machines. The third floor has my bedroom, my brother's old room, and my parents room. My bedroom is covered with metal posters I got from displate, which is a company that makes these types of posters all the time. I also have my own closet, a large dresser, a king-sized bed, a nightstand and a large bookshelf filled with all of my favorite books. My brother's room used to be like mine, but after he was sent to jail my parents sold all of his stuff and converted it into a guest bedroom. My parents' bedroom is the biggest room in the whole floor. It has a humongous bed for my parents, an attached bathroom, two dressers, and two separate closets.

Anyways, I got off topic. I was just about to enter the house when I saw a note in the front door. I took it off the door and started reading it.

Sam,

I have to take your father to the hospital to go through a bunch of shots. We should be back by tomorrow. There should be enough food for dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow. If the food is rotten, I left behind a credit card  for you to use to buy food at one of the restaurants here. Take care of yourself.

Love,

Mum

That scared me. The hospital? Why the bloody hell would he go to the hospital for a few shots? Surely the doctor's office would be more appropriate.

I shrugged it off and walked in the house and put all of my school stuff in my bedroom. I then took out my planner and looked over my assignments. After that, I finished them off in two hours. After that, I decided to look for things I can cook. After searching through the fridge, I ended up throwing out the leftover spaghetti and meatballs because they were getting old. I took moms credit card and I went over to the Super Bowl restaurant.

The SuperBowl is a surf and turf restaurant located right on the beach. It has buffalo wings, burgers and crisps, salads, and all kinds of fish. There are a few desserts there, but most of them are desserts I can't stand. So whenever the SuperBowl ran out of the chocolate mousse, which is the one dessert I actually like, I would have dessert in the Slugout. The Slugout is an ice cream place located not too far from the Super Bowl. The Slugout has every ice cream flavor imaginable, and I would go there almost all the time. And because I'm such a loyal customer, I get free ice cream for myself and any guest I bring. All of my mates have gotten free ice cream there at least once. I even got my childhood crush free ice cream, and that was how I was able to confess my feelings to her. It was an exhilarating moment, and it got a huge weight off my chest. Why, you may ask? Because she became my girlfriend that day. Her name was Serena Lawson, and she was the most beautiful girl I've ever met. We dated for two years, doing all kinds of things. We swam in the sea and went to Disney World in Paris. Then one day, she got accepted into a prestigious university in the USA. We did a huge shindig that day, and before she left, I proposed to Serena with my mum's old wedding ring. Serena smiled sadly, and sadly declined. She said that I will find my match, it just wasn't now. Those were the last words she spoke to me. I never saw her again.