Chapter 3

The next morning, I woke up with springs in my steps. Last night was one of the best nights of my life. I ended up making a new friend, and my food is free. I was just about to head down to Breaky when my phone rumbled. I picked it up and I saw a text from Rachel. I instantly responded to it and then we engaged in a texting conversation. It went on for a while and it eventually ended with Rachel inviting me to a magic show tonight on the beach. I accepted right away and we planned to meet at the Slugout. I had my brecky and went to the community college for my tutoring job. After a couple of hours, I walked home to have my lunch. After that, I decided to do some homework for some of my other classes. After three hours, I went downstairs to find my parents home. My dad was a big, bulky bloke who was at least six foot tall. His arms were large and muscular, and his legs were just as beefy. He was a former professional wrestler who was forced to retire due to a back injury. He owns a wrestling gym here, helping out future wrestlers. He was wearing a super large green sleeveless hoodie, green extra large sweatpants and brown sandals. He had a tired expression on his face, almost as if he didn't have enough sleep. I don't know what happened in the hospital, but I hope it was just a regular check-up.

"How are you, Sammy?" my mum asked, snuggling my dad. "Did you eat well last night?" She was a lovely lady, almost as tall as dad. She had long blond hair that led to her upper back, and beautiful sea blue eyes that are recognizable everywhere. She owned several apartment complexes all over Britain, but was forced to sell most of them to the government after my brainless blockhead of a brother got sent to jail. After that, she ended up writing a book about our experience during that time and it became an instant bestseller. She was wearing a white long sleeve button down women's collared dress shirt, a pink long-sleeve button down cardigan, a silver pearl necklace, blue jeans and brown sandals.

"Oh, I ate wonderfully last night!" I replied. "I went to the SuperBowl last night, and I wound up meeting this incredible waitress. We ended up talking and exchanged numbers that night. I took her out for ice cream later on, and we are planning on going to a magic show tonight."

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Mom replied. "We're so happy for you. Make sure to come back safe and sound. Daddy's going to need lots of rest after yesterday."

"Did something happen, dad?" I asked, a concerned look on my face.

"Just a regular checkup, boyo. I had to have all kinds of checkups to make sure I'm nice and healthy. My check up went so long I had to stay the whole bloody night."

That brought me relief. My dad had been pretty sickly the past year, so I'm glad the doctors made him nice and healthy. Mom escorted dad up to their bedroom, and I ended up making him chicken noodle soup. Mum ate her leftovers, and I ate a sandwich that was in the fridge for a week. After that, I went into the bathroom near my bedroom to take a shower, brush my teeth and freshen my breath. I decided to put on a navy blue long sleeve polo, dark blue dress shorts, brown sockless slip on dress shoes, and a black dress belt. I said goodbye to mum and dad and ran over to the Superbowl as fast as I could. I arrived to see Rachel already there. I was amazed by her choice of outfit. She was wearing a beautiful sea blue dress, a large long sleeve buttonless white cardigan, light brown sandals, and a large silver pearl necklace. Her hair was nicely washed and her entire body smelled like flowers. She looked at me with a huge smile on her face.

"Hello, handsome." She said, almost seductively. "Are you ready for our date?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied, my cheeks blushing a bright red. "Y-you look gorgeous tonight. Especially with your pearls."

"Thank you." Rachel replied, playing with her pearls with her left hand. "I got this pearl necklace from my mum for Christmas last year, and I only wear it for special events."

"Well, it suits you perfectly." I responded.

"Thank you." Rachel smiled. We looked at each other with a smile, clasping each other's hands. After a few minutes, we went to order our ice cream. Rachel got vanilla and I got chocolate. We ate our ice cream at one of the outdoor tables by the sea. We ate and talked about random things until our ice cream was finished. After tossing our rubbish, Rachel and I walked arm in arm towards the magic show sight. It was located on a large stadium right next to the sea. The stadium had everything you would expect to see a circus. Me and Rachel got up into the mayor's box, which is one of the best seats in the house. The mayor and his family were there, as well as a bunch of important dignitaries. I don't know how Rachel got the tickets, but I'm glad she did.

Suddenly, the lights went off, and spotlights went all over the place. After a few minutes, the spotlights converged into the center of the arena and a young woman made a grand entrance. She was wearing a female magicians outfit, and equipped with a magic baton. She has long jet black hair and green hair, and she looked to be in her late twenties or early thirties.

"Welcome, Everyone!" She said with an excited tone. "For those of you who don't know, my name is Asmarelda, I am honored to be performing here on this stage for you all. I hope you will enjoy tonight as I will. Now, let's get this magic show started!"

Fireworks flared up when the announcement finished. Everyone cheered and clapped as Asmerelda performed her magic show. SHe performed all kinds of tricks from swallowing swords to breathing fire. She even had a couple of folks from the audience volunteer for some of her tricks, which included the saw box trick. The show ended with a fireworks show so bright you can see it for miles around. Once that was finished, me, Rachel and the entire crowd gave her a thunderous applause. Esmerelda and her colleagues bowed together just as the lights went off.

Me and Rachel were laughing our lungs out as we exited the stadium. After that performance, I'm ready to go again.

"Wow, that was bloody amazing!" I said as I escorted Rachel out of the stadium. "You like it?"

"I loved it!" Rachel replied. "I'm glad the mayor invited us to his personal box tonight."

"Me too." I said as I gave her a kiss. "It was one of the best experiences of my life."

"I'm glad." Rachel replied. "We should definitely do this again."

"Too right. By the way, how did you convince the mayor to let us watch the show in his box?"

"Let's just say, I'm mates with his kids."

"No way!" I explained. "How is it even possible?!?!?!?!?"

"I met them when I volunteered at the animal shelter. They are really nice, and they made sure to invite me at the mayor's box whenever sports games took place."

"Wow. That was incredible." I said. "You've got to introduce me to them sometime."

"I'll do that tomorrow." Rachel said as she tickled my upper arm. We were walking towards our homes when a voice called out.

"Hey there! You two were in the mayor's box, weren't you?"

Me and Rachel turned around to see Esmerelda walking towards us, still wearing her magician uniform.

"Hey, you're Esmerelda!" I said in shock. "It was an honor to see your magic show. You were bloody amazing!"

"Yeah, we're glad to see it from the best seats in the house." Rachel replied. "You were one of the best magicians we've ever seen."

"Thank you." Esmerelda said, blushing a bright red. "I'm glad your mayor allowed me to perform my shows here. There aren't many places that would take me in, you know."

"Really? Why's that?"

"I'd rather not say." Esmerelda said with an uncomfortable tone. She squirmed for a while, and then spoke. "But that doesn't matter. Would you two like to see my show next week? I can pay for your tickets."

Rachel and I looked at each other and shouted "Of course!" together in a very loud voice.

"Thank you. Meet me at my house tomorrow and we'll discuss the arrangements." Esmerelda said as she handed us a slip of paper containing her address. "See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." Me and Rachel said as we walked arm in arm towards the mayor's house, which he invited us to spend the night in. I never got to see the mayor's mansion, so I accepted right away. Rachel and I were shown to our rooms and we got a nice hot shower. After that we snuggled into our king-sized bed and drifted off to sleep.