The bookstore

"Hi." I said in a soft and shy voice to the girl next to me, Who was she? That was Skylar Myers. The girl of my dreams She has no idea, though. She probably won't ever know either, because I've been too afraid to tell her.

I haven't known her for that long, but we've quickly become great friends.

Hey! How are you?" She replied sweetly; her soft and calming voice warmed the entire bookstore.

"I'm good. How are you?" I said with a shaky voice, "Hey, what's up? You ok?" She said she reached over and squeezed my shoulder in a comforting and soothing way.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I said it quickly, trying to defend myself.

The truth is, I'm not okay. I was planning on confessing my feelings for her today, and I want to, but I'm terrified. All of the 'what ifs' consume me and make me feel horrible.

"You just seem a little nervous or distressed." She said.

"Oh, sorry, I just have a lot on my mind." I said in response.

She smiled and said, "Ok, I'm here if you want to talk about it." There was something about her that was so comforting. She walks in the room, and all of a sudden it feels like a cozy family Christmas with the fireplace and eating eggnog and cookies by the fire.

We walked over to the Starbucks that was connected to the bookstore.

Skylar ordered a gingerbread chai tea with whipped cream, and I ordered a grande peppermint vanilla Frappuccino.

"Order for Morgan," a barista called out. I raised my hand in the air and said, "That one's mine." She handed my drink to me.

Skylar got hers a moment later, handed it over to me, and said, "Want a sip?"

"Oh-yeah. Sure." I took a sip and tasted her cherry chapstick on the straw. She looked over at me and smiled.

"It's really good! I'm going to order it next time." I said.

We walked over to the romance section, and she picked up 'One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston.' My eyes focused on her reaction to the book, looking back and forth from her hands, thumbing through the pages as her chestnut brown eyes read through the pages. "Seems like a good book; want one?" She said as she handed it over to me. I took it and said, "Yeah!" even though I read it a couple months ago.

There was a pause in our conversation for a moment while she studied the cover of the book before looking up at me and saying, "Um, I had a question." I perked up, allowing my eyes to lock on hers. "Do you, like anyone?" She said.

"Yeah, actually, you." I said, in a way that if shit went downhill and she didn't feel the same, I could correct it and say, "Oh, I was asking the question back at you." She gasped.

"I feel the same way about you," she said.

My eyes were wide as my mouth dropped open, pulling on the sleeves of my black sweatshirt.

"I- really?" There was no way she was being serious. I continued to say, "Like-like?"

She said, "Yeah, you're really cool, and I've felt this way since the day I met you; I wasn't sure if you felt the same way or not."

I looked at her completely wonderstruck. We locked eyes for about 20 seconds before she leaded in, fitting the crevasse of my face as I felt her warm, soft lips press against mine. I felt her embrace of her arms wrapping around my mid-drift. I wrapped my hands around the nape of her neck, keeping our lips pressed against one another's and only breaking them to smile. We both opened our eyes to look at each other, then we pressed our lips together again. After a few more seconds, we pulled away for a moment to catch our breath.

"So this is it, huh? You're.." She stuttered for a moment before saying, "Girlfriend, you're my girlfriend now."

"Yeah," I said, still processing everything.

We continued to look at books and decided to pick a book out for each other.

I picked "She gets the girl" by Rachel Lippincott for her.

We both headed out to check out hiding our books from each other.

We walked back outside; she handed me a bag, and I handed hers over.

I opened mine and saw that she picked the same book for me. I had been wanting to read it for quite some time. She opened hers at the same time, and we both laughed a little before saying at the same time, "We got each other the same book! Oh!" and continuing to laugh again.

She looked up at me, her deep brown eyes shinning as the sunset, and the sun rejecting it, making it look like she had almost light auburn highlights.

She pressed her smooth pink lips together, resisting the urge to kiss, before saying, "Today was great. I was wondering if you wanted to come back to my place."

A smile sneaked out of my mouth and onto my lips; she smiled right along with me.

'Actually, yes, I'd love to." I said it excitedly with an almost squeaky voice.

She looked back over at me and giggled.

"Ok, then, let's stop by Target for ice cream and snacks. We can order pizza too."

"Perfect. Let's go." I said I was leaning in and kissing her again.

965 words.

A/N~ Thank you so much for reading.

Please let me know what you think and, of course, if you have any suggestions.

I'm happy to hear.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Hate is not