Chapter 21

"Well", Kurogiri thought as he tilted his head, watching the others situated around the room, pondering. They may have lost one of their objectives, as Kirishima dashed at the very last second before the portal closed. He succeeded in prying off Katsuki's cocoon from Mr. Compress's hand. Tomura may sulk a little bit, but at least they didn't come home empty-handed.

Besides, their main target was actually Midoriya Izuku, not Bakugo Katsuki. The man-child just cheekily put it there as 'more players means there are more chances to win'.

Since the end of the USJ raid, Sensei had been keeping a close eye on the child named Izuku. It was clear he was different from all of the students combined. He had this look. That of a killer. It was shown in his brutal attack during the USJ raid. At how he chopped Tomura's hand without hesitation (fortunately, it was a clean cut. So the Doctor could connect it back with little difficulty. The white-haired man was ranting for days onward. Said that he swore he would kill him for 'cheating', although it was a moot point now that All for One wanted him alive. Maybe that was the reason why he added Katsuki as one of their targets too? He wanted to focus his attention on someone else to deter himself not to kill the greenette and disappoint their Sensei). How he stood on even ground, incapacitating a whole bunch of villains they hired beforehand (alas, they were more of cannon fodder. Not that good of a pawn). And he also managed to outmaneuver Nomu several times before All-Might finally came.

Then there was the Sports Festival. Where he showed his intelligence for the world to see.

It sounded like he was just another child prodigy for the Hero Association to mold.

But the thing was, Izuku doesn't have a Quirk.

He was a complete, utterly normal human.

No wonder Sensei was curious. Possibly wanted him to join their cause as well.

Quirkless people are easy to sway. Just a promise of a Quirk and a better life, and they'll be in Sensei's beck and call. He had done that before.

Though ninety-nine percent of them didn't survive. And when they did, they were too brain-dead to be nothing but another test subject for the Doctor to tinker with. 

Kurogiri personally hoped Izukua was the 'one percent' they needed when Sensei bestowed him a Quirk. Those skillsets of his will help them and their cause a ton. 

After a hesitant grumbling from Tomura, Compress tossed the ball to the ground and let Izuku out. However, instead of being unconscious like the performer's previous victims usually were, the kid instantly snapped his eyes open, catching them off guard. His hand moved and swiped. The next second, everyone crumpled to the ground, groaning. Kurogiri was startled when something passed through his body, yet it was pushed to the back of his mind when he saw Izuku go for the exit door. The bartender immediately used his Quirk to trap the child in two places at once, his lower half right in front of the entrance while his upper part was right next to the bartender, compressing the portal until it was near constricting.

"Cease this futile struggle. Or I won't hesitate to chop your body in two if you move even an inch."

Greeny went still. His only answer to that treat was a low snarl, along with baring his teeth aggressively like a cornered animal.

Kurogiri stepped to the back of the bar, looking for the thing that had whizzed passed him not a minute ago. He saw it glinting and realized it was a senbon. When he turned around and looked at the pile of writhing bodies on the floor, he saw the same needle stuck on their neck. They weren't dead, so a paralyzing drug? Lucky for him, his body was mostly a mist, blunt weapons didn't work on the man. As long as nobody aimed for the neck bracket, he was pretty much invincible.

The television decided to turn on by itself and the shadow of their true boss, All for One, appeared with a crackle. A hum echoed, considering gaze was thrown before the leader finally spoke, "I heard a commotion. Is something wrong, Kurogiri?"

"Yes. Something's wrong indeed," he demurely thought as he pondered how to handle this situation. Everyone else was down on the ground and the only one moving couldn't do much in a term of subduing the kid. Not only was he occupied with trapping Izuku, but they also didn't think of a backup plan if their mission went awry. Now, he could only sit in exasperation while he waited for the paralyzing drug to wear off so that Compress could use his Quirk for the second time. Kurogiri asked Spinner to prepare the containment chamber while the mist-man stole some chloroform from the nearest chemical supply company. Not because he's a villain but because you can't really buy a chloroform from a mini-market.

Oh, he should also check the kid for any hidden weapons. Didn't want Izuku to put his companions back to this exact situation once more.

Kurogiri sighed and hoped the extra job he did would be worth it.  

(A/N(Original Author)): This is supposed to be a serious chapter but it turned out kinda crack instead :'D

Izuku's 'past' taught him to be aware at all times even when he was sleeping. He was unconscious when he was trapped in Compress's marble, but the sinister aura in the LOV's hideout woke him up almost instantly so that it looked like he didn't fall asleep at all.

Honestly tho', Izu. You should've used your kunai or shuriken rather than senbon. You caught them off guard already, you can kill them all in one go. 

(A/N(This Author)): I just randomly woke up earlier tonight and after staring at the ceiling I asked myself if I should update. The answer: Yes. So I updated. Man these A/N's are random. I honestly don't know how I only just now realized this, don't ask me why. Really, don't. 

Anyway, I'll try to update tomorrow earlier in the the day if I'm not busy. I'm gonna go to bed now. 

Have a good morning/afternoon/evening, 

LFLgam3r, out.