Chapter 18. (Over You)

"I don't think that you think of me
You're on your own now and I'm alone and free
I know that I should get on with my life
But a life lived without you could never be right"

Danger

"She's back."

Lorene threw the magazine in front of me while I'm busy reading some articles on the internet.

I just sneaked it and continued what I'm doing. There's nothing new. We have our own life now. I'm happy for her and there's no hard and hurt feelings in my heart anymore.

"Danger? Do you hear me?" Lorene caught my attention. Nilingon ko na siya at sinandal ang likod ko sa swivel chair.

"Yup! So, what do you want me to do then? Embrace her? Fetch her? Invite her over for dinner? Lunch?" I replied to Lorene. "She was my past and she will stay and live there."

I stared at her. Nabitin pa ang kape na nasa bukana na ng bibig niya.

"Sabagay, she was your past. I'm glad that you moved on na." She replied and sipped her coffee.

She looks mature while I'm staring at the magazine that's on my table.Her face, physique and everything on her. Ibang-iba na siya ngayon. Ito nga talaga ang buhay na gusto niya. I'm happy for her. She made it to the top. I'm glad that she reunited with her family. That's what she dreamt of from high school to college. Lorene still has a communication with her but for my side. I totally shut down everything , about her whatabouts and whereabouts.

Para ano pa? Wala na rin namang dahilan pa.Naglolokohan na lang siguro kami pag ganun. Hindi na rin ako nagtanong pa kay Lorene kung still pa rin ba ang communication nilang dalawa.I stopped asking her name and everything about her magmula ng nalaman ko na she's dating and flirting someone else habang kami pa.

Hindi na rin ako nakikibalita sa kanya o tanungin si Lorene about her. It's useless and I don't want to interfere with her in my life anymore. Ang tagal rin bago ko natanggap ang lahat-lahat. She was my long-time partner. Akala ko nga siya na talaga ang papakasalan ko. Everyone knows on both sides. Her family and mine. It was settled then. I made a decision and proposed on our anniversary but our fate didn't conform. She said yes and everything settled of course.

But little I didn't know she had planned to go abroad just to meet her father's side. She's half filipina and brazilian.But her father lives in Paris.

Okay naman ang communication namin sa mga umpisa but ganun siguro talaga. Hindi kami nagtatagpo minsan. Long distance relationship is a sucks. Too hard to communicate with your loved ones or baka hindi ako para doon. Hanggang sa naglaho na parang bula ang relations namin.She slowly gets cold of me. I'm always the one who approaches her hanggang sa dumating ang time na napagod siya sa setup namin.

Wala naman sa akin yun. For Christ sake! Fiancèe ko na siya kaya ganun ako ka eager that time. Kahit naman hindi ko pa siya fiancèe. Talagang mag eeffort ako para ma survived ang relasyon namin.

Totoo nga naman talaga na: Pag nanlalamig ang partner mo may iba ng nagpapainit.

I remember those time kung paano ako magmakaawa sa kanya. I'm bending my knees in front of her. I even left my responsibility here in the Philippines para sundan siya sa Paris to amend our relationship. But she declined my offer and gave it back to me. She gave back the engagement ring. Naguguluhan nga ako sa kanya eh wala siyang gaanong explanation kung bakit. I strived hard for our relationship. Imagine we've been together for six years. 'Tas ganun lang. I smiled bitterly sa ala-alang yun. Mabuti na lang nakawala na ako sa kanya. I'm glad that was only in my past. Doon naman talaga siya nabibilang at nababagay.