Chapter 20. (Renew vs Rebound)

"Somebody said you got a new friend
Does she love you better than I can?
I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her
I'm right over here, why can't you see me? "

Karina Georgitte

I was scrolling my cellphone inside our classroom since there's still a twenty minute break before our last subject. I was shocked when a familiar name way back then popped up in my notifications. It made my heart skip a beat for a while. My hands started getting sweaty, just like my legs that started to feel cold. I can't control my emotions for real. It's like I'm traveling with a time machine when I was a child. That's the most tragic heartbreak of me, my childhood heartbreak.

I closed my eyes just to be calm trying to process that everything will be alright. Everything that happened before was a past. Everything happened to me and Danger right now is present. Yeah that's it. I'm afraid of losing her. I'm afraid that one day I'll wake up to the fact that there's no Danger on my side. I'm terrified that one day Danger will tell me the truth that she can't love me back, the way I did to her.I'm scared to death if that will happen. Marrying her was my last card, my last ace, I won the card game. Checkmate.

But hindi ko na alam ngayon. Hindi ko na alam sa totoo lang.

I was hesitant to open and click the said notification in my Ig. Baka kasi pag inopen ko siya mag o-overthink akong malala.

Ang ingay ng loob ng classroom, they're chit chatting about the specific famous ramp model na nandito sa Pinas ngayon. Some give positive reviews, some are negatives. Others are neutral. Wala silang pakialam.

Out of curiosity, I opened the link on my notification. Kahit alam ko naman at medyo kilala ko ang pinag uusapan nila.

'Our own Ynez Margarita Ferreira, a famous ramp model was here! Is it for good? Or for Goood!'

A witty introduction of her as I read the headlines from Balitang Pilipinas network as their entertainment news.

That was Danger's ex. Her long time partner for six years, probably. I lost a count. I'm cutting the ties and news about them when I left and migrated to the States. Except her mom, when Tita Zen, talks about Danger whereabouts and whatabouts I made an excuse. I shut myself to Danger's when I witnessed how she proposed to her long time partner in their home.

I was happy that time because she smiled at me wholeheartedly. Ayon naman pala, she's planning to proposed. Inutusan niya pa akong magbigay ng bulaklak sa ex niya na ginawa ko rin naman.I was so naive that time, ang bata ko pa nun. I asked her why? But Danger told me a secret. Malalaman ko rin daw mamaya. Hindi ko alam kung naalala niya pa yun. Basta sobrang linaw pa sa akin nun to the point na napapanaginipan ko siya hanggang sa tumuntong akong nineteen. Imagined my heartbreak dahil sa kanya.

Noong nag full bloom akong bilang dalaga doon ko napagtanto na ang tanga-tanga ko sa part na yun.

After ng halikan nilang dalawa, and her ex fiancée said yes. I was running away and went home unannounced to Balcona family na uuwi na ako.I was crying in front of my mother and told her that I want to migrate and puntahan na lang namin si Daddy sa States.Dahil matagal na niya kaming gusto sumunod at ako lang naman 'tong ayaw dahil nga kay Danger. Pero siya lang din naman ang nag push sa akin para manatili sa ibang bansa at 'di na sana babalik pa ulit dito. But I was fated to love her. Kaya ayon nga bumalik ako dito para pakasalan niya ako.

There are nine photos of her and one interview video. I played the video and watched it. Everyone asking if she's for good in the Philippines or was it all about or part of her modeling in the luxury brand lang. Kesyo, masagana naman daw ang buhay niya sa Paris lalo na in demand siya sa career niya. If ever na mag po-for good siya dito sa Pinas. Mga ganun katanungan sa interview niya.