Prologue

I remember the first days when I served. I remember the days when I first picked up that rifle and shot my first man, was it for my country? No.

Was it for my survival? No, but for the survival of my family. The first man I killed was my uncle, shot him straight in the head with that revolver that my mother had stored in that safe. After that incident I was shipped off to a military school where I spent most of my days there, learning the true meaning to be a man.

That's where I earned my nickname, "Rook." Since that day, I've been serving the United States of America, hand picked by General Shepard to serve under the 75th Ranger Division, I rose to the ranks and became a Staff Sergeant, leading my own squad. We were called the Dare Devils, being sent on missions at Iraq, under the orders of the general himself.

I lost good men back then, some were young, some were barely old enough to vote for their future president, but that's the truth about war. Not all of us have a choice when it comes to serving.

April 12th 2008

A small convoy of humvees carrying around 50 soldiers, all of them consisting of different Ranger divisions, but all serving under the US flag. In the third vehicle was a man on a radio trying to get in contact with their local FOB, but no contact was being made.

"This is Echo-1 transmitting in the blind, is anyone there?" The soldier asked as he had the radio right in front of his mouth.

"No point of even trying anymore, Sarge." One of the soldiers said as he looked towards his commanding officer. "You'll just drain the batteries at this point, Rook."

Rook turned towards the soldier that said the comment, he shook his head before trying the same thing he's been trying to do for the past hour now.

"Hold up we got something happening." The driver said as he pulled up behind the other vehicles that had stopped moving.

"What the fuck?" One of the soldiers inside of the Humvee said as he picked his M4 rifle up.

"Echo 3-1 what's going on?" Rook asked through the radio as he saw some soldiers exiting their own vehicles.

"Got a truck up front, moving to move it." Echo 3-1 said as two soldiers moved towards the truck, but as soon as they were right in front of the truck multiple armed men popped out and started to unload their AK-47 at the Rangers, the two soldiers that were near the trucks where immediately killed.

Soon after, multiple other trucks drove towards the Rangers, who were now in panic as they were getting surrounded.

"Return fire!" Rook said as multiple rounds flew past his head, jumping out of the humvee and aiming his rifle towards the nearest truck which multiple armed men popped out off, Rook immediately killed two men before he saw one of his soldiers get shot right in the face.

"Who the fuck are these guys-" Before one of the Rangers could finish that sentence, he was shot right in his face.

Soon Rook turned around and was hit in the face by the butt of a gun. Immediately making him lose his balance and drop to the ground, his rifle dropping to the sand as he saw multiple of his soldiers get gun downed like animals.

The armed man that had hit Rook was now standing over him, his pistol drawn and aimed at his head.

"No, the commander said not to kill that one." One of the armed men said, do the language they spoke wasn't English but was Russian, these weren't Iraq people. Do these Russians didn't wear Russian uniform but instead wore a rather dark uniform.

The man standing over Rook immediately holstered his side arm but didn't waste no time to stomp on Rooks face and knocking the soldier out cold.

Soon the Russians cleaned house and got into one of the Humvees and drove off, leaving an entire convoy of dead Rangers behind. Leaving only one alive, a long story of revenge starting in this very day.