Welcome To Wellsbury!

Ginny and I are in class like usual, I notice Ginny trying to copy the popular girls and get a boy's attention. Mom always said boys only want one thing, mom had Ginny and I at 15, the same age we are now. She taught us all about sex from a very young age, passion or power, thats all a woman can get out of sex. I've never been interested in relationships, I just want to focus on my education so I can go to Oxford where my dad teaches.
"Virginia and Richmond Miller, please come to the main office!" The loud speaker booms. What did I do?! Ginny and I walk to the main office.
"I'm sorry to inform you girls that your stepfather has died inna car accident," The office woman said. But I knew it was no accident. I've always been very observant, I notice things other people don't, like how a bee gets covered in powdery pollen when it comes out of a flower.

At Kenny's funeral Ginny, Austin, and I can hear his ex-wife badmouthing our mom. Ginny and I purposely bump into her on the way to our mom. Georgia, she's always been good at lying and acting, that I could notice since I was little. However on this day, her act of sadness about her husband's death was not one that would win her any awards.

"Caught me on the counter," Mom sings.
"It wasn't me!" Austin and I sing in response.
"Even had her in the shower!"
"It wasn't-! Hey!" Ginny turns off the song.
"I'm sorry, but do you think this song is appropriate for the 9 year old in the back?" Ginny asks.
"He doesn't know what it's about, Austin what's this song about?" Mom asks.
"Doing it on the bathroom floor and lying so you don't get caught," Austin replies which causes me to stifle a laugh.
"Mom, promise this place is different!" Ginny begs, "and please do not get pregnant! A baby names Wellsbury, or Massachusetts," she shudders.
"You guys remember that desert Kenny took us to?" Mom asks.
"Yeah! There was nothing in that desert!" Austin complains.
"There was nothing in that desert!" Mom agrees, "well mama's dating life is like that desert, nothing for miles and miles," Mom answers.
"I'll believe it when I see it!" Ginny mumbles. Lately Ginny has been snarky and rude, we were never that close in the first place, but lately she's been a real bitch.

"Woooooah!" I spill, looking at our new house. I thought Kenny's mansion was big, but this place was like a cottage-core dream come true.
"I call the biggest room!" Austin yells, rushing inside.
"Right behind ya bud!" I call, running after him.

I go outside to help mom finish unloading the car when I hear yelling. The woman I assume is our neighbor is yelling at what seems to be her teenage so , when she notices mom and I she just gives and awkward smile and wave, I awkwardly wave back to deescalate the situation. Mom and I are in the kitchen drinking some water to cool off from unpacking when we hear a knock. The neighbor who was yelling at her son enters with a plate of cookies in her hands and introduces herself. She them proceeds to explain why she was yelling at her son, apparently he was smoking weed in the middle of the street. When she finds out about mom having us so young, she grabs a cookie ti shut herself up. I head upstairs and start to unpack my things. Gutiar on this wall, violin here, keyboard here, pride flag there, British flag over there. I finally finish unpacking around 10:00 pm. I go ro close my blinds when I notice the neighbor boy who was being scolded by Ellen climbing through his window, he notices me and salutes, I trying to be polite, salutes back before heading to bed.