Chapter 1: Robbery and Redemption.

Calm. The only thing you felt under the night sky, illuminated by the subtle glow of the silver moonlight was a sense of calm and strangely enough, comfort. It always gave you this feeling... being hidden and engulfed by the shadows. Lurking in them ready to pounce much like a cat on its prey... Which you were currently about to do. What are you preying on exactly..? Well, your prey of the night is anything of value in this temple. Making haste, you leap and scale the stone wall separating you from the temple grounds with ease, perching yourself on the wall's peak and began surveying the area. The coast is nothing but clear... Not a soul in sight. With a silent and satisfied hum, you descend from the wall and wonder further into the grounds scanning the temple for any viable entry points. Once you located an easy access way into the structure, you didn't waste time at all and entered your target. Now inside, instantly your eyes adjusted to the surrounding darkness, you looked around in awe. A glint washed over your (E/C) eyes. So many valuable artifacts and treasures littered the space you were currently standing in. Immediately, you composed yourself and started packing multiple objects that were light weight yet expensive enough to set you back a few months when traded or sold. You finished gathering what seemed to be what you felt like was enough and went to leave to the way you came when suddenly your vision became slightly hazy. For a split second you thought it was a bit of dust in your eyes, but you noticed the haze intensified and it was doing so quickly. Then that's when you realized the room was filling with smoke which was getting thicker by the second, almost suffocating. Trying to keep a level head, with no hesitation, you made your way to your means of escape, though you were cut short when you felt something wrap around your ankle. 

"GET OVER HERE!" Someone had demanded with a monstrous voice that could rival Satan himself. 

 With one swift and fluid movement you were pulled away from your exit. As if it was second nature to you (which it was.), you quickly reached to your side, grabbing your throwing stars that were attached to your side and threw them in the direction you were being pulled. Whoever was on the other end on the rope you were being pulled by had dodged your defensive attack and the rope had loosened. Having your leg freed, you easily regained your footing. Taking a small leap to the side, landing one foot on the wall beside you to change your trajectory and give you more leverage to reach one of the structure support beams above you to hoist yourself onto it. Now you could see a bit better just not well enough to see into the smoke below. It took you a few seconds to analyze your surroundings, but you came to the conclusion that you were now too far away from your optimal exit so having to improvise and find a new unorthodox exit to escape, you start crawling on the beam with expert balance. Luckily you reach a skylight, and a small wave of hope erupts inside you. You grab your grappling gun and aim it at the glass of the decorative window and fire the gun, feeling it grapple onto something on the outside securely. Using the retracting mechanism on the tool, you pull yourself to freedom. Or so you thought...

Out of nowhere, a curved dagger that is seemingly being controlled by the smoke that was still underneath you cuts the wire that was connected to your gun, and you fell into the thick fog below. Good thing agility was one of your strong suits in your skillset. You landed on your feet but was immediately frozen in place quite literally as soon as your feet made contact with the floor. Now that you were rendered immobile, the smoke disappeared, and all of the lights came on. 

"How nice of you to finally join us." A stern yet calm voice said, the choice of words confusing you.

" You show much promise with your skills and intellect. Yet it was not the wises decision to steal from a sacred temple.. Let alone the sacred Temple of a Fire God." The voice continued. 

" Wha.. A Fire God?" You responded, looking around confused and struggling against your icy constraints.

" Should one like me believe that such a being truly exist? Such a preposterous allegation.." You still fighting your restraints to no avail.  

To what seems to be in a blink of an eye, a man with shockingly white glowing eyes and long dark hair in a half up hairstyle appeared in front of you, flames emitting from his body that gently dissipated soon after. Along with his appearance came three other men, all three of which had masks adorning their faces so only their eyes were visible. Though all of them were sporting different color Gi that were worn by ninjas. One was wearing grey, another a bright yellow and the last was wearing a beautiful striking shade of royal blue. Having stopped your futile struggling a moment ago, you look up at the men around you. 

" How did..? You weren't there before.. So how are you here now? " You asked in disbelief.

" Disregard those questions... More importantly.. What do you plan on doing with me? Am I to be held captive as punishment for my crimes Fire God?" A grain of salt in your voice. 

"By the Gods no." He chuckled, shaking his head as if you just said the most nonsensical thing, you could possibly think of.  

" Tonight is the night you walk a better path forward and join my champions." A warm, somewhat fatherly like smile graced his features, his words laced with some small evidence of pride.  

" Champions?" You gazed at them with intrigue as you were released from the ice binding you to the floor.

With a simple nod to answer your question, the Fire God held out his hand toward you. Without needing any words or additional gestures, you hand over your sack that held the ill-gotten valuables and hang your head low in shame. To think you were only going to rob such a kindhearted being like the man before you moments ago but then get offered an opportunity of betterment by a God made a pit of guilt form in your stomach. You felt blessed and grateful to say the least. One thing is now certain.. For tonight will be the night that changes the arc of your life...