Chapter 2

The next day she saw Hajime in the classroom and greeted him.

"Good morning Hajime"

"Good morning, Yumi. he smiled. his face was filled with joy seeing her. it seems like he missed her just after a couple hours of not seeing her.

"Kailangan natin mag usap hajime, may importante akong sasabihin sayo"

he looked at her. "oh? ano yun?" he was curious to know what Yumi wanted to talk about. she was hesitant at first but finally had the courage to say it.

"Hajime. pupunta kami sa manila next week. not for a vacation. im moving there. sorry Hajime, sinabi ko kay mama na i liked here in this province pero she insisted we move to manila"

"Wait, what? you're moving to manila? but why? why naman all the way to manila? i can tell your mom to convince her otherwise?"

he was shocked. he thought they would stay and never leave each other, then suddenly Yumi was going to live in another place far away from him?

"Sorry talaga Hajime. my mom decided na. wala tayong magagawa jan"

he was silent for a moment. he was devastated that Yumi was leaving, but he didn't want to look like a jerk by stopping her from moving to manila.

"Oh okay...basta ingat ka jan sa manila ha?"

"Of course"

They stayed silent for a few seconds but Yumi started speaking again.

"I have an idea"

"What is it?" he was curious to know what that idea was.

"Why don't we have a sleepover later, y'know, just like when we were kids"

A smile spread across his face as he remembered their childhood sleepovers. 

"I would like that" he nodded his head. he was happy that he gets to spend more time with Yumi. 

After school, she saw Hajime by the school gate and approached him.

"Hajime, sabay na tayo uuwi, we're having a sleepover naman din"

he nodded as they walked home from school together. he was excited to be able to spend time alone with zarah, especially now that they're getting older. he also felt nervous; maybe because of the thought of possibly hugging her like they were children again. they arrived home and Yumi's mom greeted and led them to the kitchen for dinner.

"Hello po tita" he greeted her mom and sat down with Yumi at the table. the kitchen was warm, cozy, and inviting. it made him feel like he was back in the past; it made him feel like he was a child again. the dinner also smelt delicious, making him even more excited at the sleepover.

Hajime sat beside Yumi as her mom was sat across the table 

"So....Hajime...you know that we're moving to manila na?" Yumi's mom said.

he nodded his head. "Yes po tita. Yumi told me." he replied. he knew that it would be too much of a hassle if he tried to convince Yumi to stay. it was her mom's decision after all. he knew that he couldn't stop her.

her mom nodded 

"sorry Hajime pero there's a possibility that we can't visit here in the province." 

Yumi's face was confused. it seems like she didn't know about this information 

"ano? bakit?" her tone was filled with fear and anger as she looked at her mom

Hajime looked at Yumi. he felt the anxiety coursing through her veins. he wondered if he should interfere or not. her mom tried to comfort her as she held her hand but she quickly let go,

"I'm sorry but i need space right now ma" 

She stood up and ran upstairs to her room with tears in her eyes. her mom sighed 

"Hajime please check up on her."

he nodded as he got up from his chair and ran to Yumi's room. he knocked gently on the door before opening it.

"Yumi? it's me, Hajime. may i come in?" he asked her, hoping that she was doing okay. she was silent for a minute but then she opened the door. he looked at her with genuine concern for her feelings. her eyes were red as she wiped her tears. she didn't want him to see her in her most vulnerable form. she felt vulnerable being with him alone. she knew that he didn't like seeing her cry. she knew that he would always try to cheer her up. at the same time, she was also angry at her mom for not telling her that she won't get to see him again. he sat on her bed and pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay, Yumi. I'm here for you" he tried to comfort her as he kept hugging her. he didn't like seeing her cry, especially since he knew that the reason behind her tears was her mom's decision that she didn't know about. he thought that it wasn't fair for her. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much Hajime"

"I'll miss you too, Yumi. but we still have a few more days. let's have fun together with what time we have left." he said. he still wanted to make Yumi feel better, even if he was secretly wishing for Yumi to stay. he cared about her so much.

"Yeah, tama ka" she sighs "should we watch a movie together?"

"Of course! let's watch an anime together" they were both anime fans. it would be a good idea to spend time watching what they both enjoyed. they look at where the laptop was set up on the desk.

"Tara, watch tayo" he said as he opened up a website where there were a lot of anime that they can choose from.

"What anime do you wanna watch, Yumi?" he asked her.

"Ikaw, what do you wanna watch?"

"Uhm... how about One Piece?" he suggested an anime that the both of them liked watching. 

She nodded and he started the anime episode while sitting beside Yumi. 

Hours have passed and it was already getting late

"Hajime, gabi na, we should get to sleep now"

he looked at the time, it was getting late. he was starting to feel more sleepy as well. he yawned and stretched a little bit. he looked at Yumi with a sleepy look on his face. They got ready for bed and Hajime smiles as they got comfortable on her bed. the lights were already turned off, and he felt Yumi snuggle herself to him like they always do before they sleep when they were younger. she wanted to feel closer with him before she leaves.

"I'm... gonna miss your snuggles, Yumi" he said in a sleepy tone as he closed his eyes. she smiles and they both went to sleep.