Chapter 3

Morning came and she was still snuggling on to Hajime. Yumi's mom opened the door and she smiled as she saw the two of them in their bed. she remembered the times when they were younger. she sure was gonna miss that. she didn't want to wake them up so she decided to make breakfast first and closed the bedroom door. as Hajime slowly woke up from his sleep, he yawned while his arms were around Yumi's body as she also started to wake up.

"Good morning Hajime"

"Good morning, Yumi. how'd you sleep? 

"I slept good, how about you?"

"I slept well too.

their eyes were locked with each other for a few seconds. she noticed him blushing for a moment and his body was warm. she looked at him for a few minutes and cupped his cheeks.

"I'm gonna miss this....I'm gonna miss you."

a sense of happiness flowed inside him. she still liked cuddles, just like how she did in the past. he was happy to know that they were still close.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Yumi" 

he replied with a sad smile. he couldn't believe that he would never get to see her again after this. soon after her mom called for breakfast. she slowly got up and he did the same.

they were now eating breakfast with Yumi's mom. he was enjoying the time they had together. he knew that this was one of his last moments with her, which made him more sentimental. he still couldn't process the fact that he was gonna lose her and that was sad. he didn't want her to go. after breakfast her mom went off to work. Yumi suggested that they should go to the carnival since Saturday. they also went to carnivals when they were younger, it was a good way to spend time with each other.

---

soon they got to the carnival.

"Punta tayo doon sa ferris wheel!"

"Sure!" he said as they bought the tickets and got on the ferris wheel.

they got in and a few seconds later the ferris wheel started moving. Hajime held her hand as he saw the whole carnival from a height. the view was amazing. her eyes sparkled as the ferris wheel stopped so they could look at the view more.

"The view is beautiful right Yumi?" he looked at her with a warm smile on his face. Yumi nodded in agreement. they both looked at the beautiful scene around them. 

---

they had fun exploring and going on rides at the carnival. hours passed and the sun was setting. on their way back home they passed a book store. Yumi seemed to be interested as she looked at the book store. she always wanted to be a successful writer. it was her dream since she was little. at first, he wasn't paying much attention to the bookstore, he was more focused in spending time with Yumi. but when he noticed her looking at the books, he couldn't help but be intrigued. he was always a fan of books, especially since they both bonded over reading fiction novels.

"Hey Yumi, gusto mo bang tingnan yung mga books dito? baka meron kang makita na gusto mo" he said to her.

"Sure"

"Okay, let's go in."

he took her hand and led her to the bookstore. once they got inside, his face lit up with a smile. he was excited for her since he knew how much she wants to become a writer. they walked to the romance section and he saw that Yumi was picking up a book. she looked invested in the book as her expression was focused while she read it.

"Should i buy this one?" she asked.

"hmm.. let me see"

he saw the book and thought that it looked familiar. he took the book out of her hands politely.

"The Fault in Our Stars by John Green?" he smiled as he read the title of the book. "Na basa ko na yan, It's a good book. I'm sure you're gonna like it.

she nodded and smiled. "Alright. let's go to the check out"

he nodded as they went to the check out and paid for the book.

"Uwi na tayo Yumi" he asked her softly with a small smile on his face. he held the bag with the book inside it and was excited to know that Yumi will be reading that book soon.

---

soon they arrived at Yumi's house.

"I had a great time with you Hajime, I'll really miss you"

"I had a great time with you as well Yumi."

he noticed that she looked sadder now that they were at her house. she must've realized that she was about to leave her hometown soon and that she would miss his company. he felt the same way. he was gonna miss seeing her in the campus.

"I'll see you soon then?"

"yeah, we could see each other soon. we can video chat from time to time or i can visit you someday."

he put a reassuring smile on his face, wanting to remind her that she could always count on him and that they will still be in touch with each other.