Chapter 4

It was monday, 4:00am. it was time for Yumi and her mom to leave for manila.

he was watching them pack their suitcase, especially Yumi. he felt sad seeing her prepare to go to manila. he didn't want her to go.

his heart was sinking and he felt that he was about to cry.

he just wanted to hold her hand one more time.

he wanted to be more than just a friend to her

he wanted to be with her forever.

---

Yumi's mom invited Hajime to go to the airport and say their goodbyes one last time. they arrive just in time for their flight. once they were at the gate Yumi stopped walking. Hajime looked at Yumi, curious to know why she stopped walking. he looked at her in the eyes, feeling the sadness of her leaving. he just wanted that moment to stay forever, as if time was stopping just for that last moment with her.

With tears in her eyes, she hugged Hajime "I'm gonna miss you so much"

without hesitation, he embraced Yumi in his arms and hugged her back.

"I'll miss you too Yumi" he replied with a tear falling from his cheek.

"make sure to call me when you settle in manila" he said to her while holding back his tears. the sense of emptiness was eating him up. he wanted to hug more, for longer. he just wanted more time with her.

"i promise" she says while wiping away her tears.

"good. just take care Yumi"

he was hugging her back tightly, embracing it in his heart. his tears were pouring down his face. it took him a while to finally let go and look at her in the eyes.

"we'll still be in touch, right?" he asked her with a reassuring smile, wanting a confirmation.

"of course. bye Hajime"

"bye, Yumi. i hope we'll see each other soon."

he looked at her for the last time... he wanted to look at her one last time before they said goodbye. he wasn't ready to say goodbye yet, but he knew that it was inevitable. but he didn't want her to go. his heart was still sinking but he tried to hide it. as Hajime was starting to leave Yumi looked back at Hajime once again.

"Hajime wait!'

he turned around quickly to see Yumi calling him. he had no idea what to expect. did she need something?

"Hm?" he replied as he looked at her with curiosity.

she was hesitant at first but quickly pulled Hajime into a soft kiss. he was caught off guard by her sudden kiss, but he didn't dare stop her. he embraced her in the kiss too.

the kiss ended, and they were looking at each other, with their faces close to each other. his heart was beating fast, wanting to hold her in his arms forever. what was that feeling?

she sighs "Gusto kita Hajime...matagal na. i love how you've always been there for me, i love you're smile, laugh, everything about you"

he remained speechless for a while. his head was spinning as he processed the reality that Yumi liked him. he took his time to process what just happened. he was happy about his feelings being reciprocated.

"gusto din kita Yumi" he said with a small smile. 

"Talaga? sorry kung ngayon ko lang na sabi"

"Oo and don't be" he replied with a small smile on his face.

"I love you Yumi" he said with determination in his eyes. he was willing to try long distance relationship for her.

"when you settle in manila, can we try a long distance relationship? i want to be with you Yumi."

"of course Hajime"

"I promise to make this work. and I'll visit you as soon as i can. wag mo lang ako kalimutan"

a long distance relationship would be a challenge, but he was confident that he was ready to do anything for Yumi.

"I'll never forget you Hajime, but i really need to go now though, bye haj, i love you"

"i love you too Yumi. enjoy your stay in manila, and call me again once you settle down."

but he knew, he just knew now.

he was falling in love.