☆、Chapter 2: The Fourth Aunt

On the third day of the Lunar New Year, when every family from each house visits their neighbors from door-to-door, a mourning hall was arranged in the An family's mansion.

  The mourning hall is located in a small hall of the An family. It is said to be small, but it is actually very large. In the center are two coffins, which are An Ziran's parents, An Changfu and Liu Meixiang. The coffins are made of fine gold wire. Made of nanmu, it is said that it will not rot for a long time.

  An Ziran heard from the maid that the two coffins were bought by An Changfu for himself and his wife before his death, so that they could be used when they were buried in old age, instead they were used in advance.

  An Ziran didn't know how to complain about this kind of behavior.

  He (An Changfu) was clearly cursing himself for an early death, and even dragged his wife along to be buried with him.

  However, he also heard that the reason An Changfu did this was because golden nansi was very difficult to obtain. This kind of nanmu was said to be a wood reserved for dignitaries. Later, by chance, An Changfu got a few pieces of nanmu. , just enough to make two coffins. The two coffins were made half a year ago, not long ago.

  An Ziran followed the memory of the last time and came to the outside of the mourning hall. Before he walked in, he heard a burst of crying coming from inside. The crying became louder and louder, as if they were afraid that others would not hear it. It was so sad!

  An Ziran raised the corners of his mouth slightly and showed a mocking smile, but because there was too much fat on his face, the arc was not very obvious.

  Walking into the mourning hall, An Ziran saw two women in plain clothes kneeling in front of the coffin. There was only one simple hairpin left on their heads that were usually filled with expensive and beautiful hairpins.

  These two people were An Changfu's side wives, namely An Ziran's second aunt Fang Junping and fourth aunt Wang Qinglan. Since his parents passed away, they came to the mourning hall every day to mourn. People who didn't know it thought they loved An Chang so much. There is also a third aunt Zheng Bi, he heard that she was coming in the first three days, but he didn't see her today.

  If it were An Ziran from before, they might think so.

  However, the person standing in front of them now was An Ziran in a new shell, with a delicate and clear heart.

  "Ziran, why are you here? Have you recovered?"

  Wang Qinglan turned around and saw An Ziran standing at the door. It was hard not to notice his fat body. She immediately showed a concerned expression, stood up and walked to him.

  "I'm much better, Fourth Yiniang.(maternal aunt)" An Ziran looked at her calmly.

  Wang Qinglan suddenly didn't know what to say. These days, she always felt that An Ziran seemed to have changed. In the past, An Ziran was a lazy, uneducated person who often beat and scolded his subordinates just because he was the eldest son in the family. , and will lose his temper at the slightest displeasure, making him extremely difficult to serve.

  Now, Wang Qinglan had an indescribable feeling, that is, An Ziran seemed to have enlightened himself. Since the death of the master and the eldest lady, he had hardly made any noise and was completely silent.

  However, she did not study it too carefully. This change was not incomprehensible. After all, her parents who loved her the most died, and she lost two relatives at once. No one could be immune to the shock.

  Everyone felt that An Ziran's transformation was normal.

  At this time, Fang Junping came over. Her eyes were slightly red because she had just cried, but her expression was cold and she could not see any emotion. When she saw An Ziran, a trace of disgust flashed in her eyes, although she concealed it very well, it was still captured by An Ziran.

  Fang Junping said to him in a stiff tone: "Now that you are well, go and offer incense to your parents and kowtow. After they passed away, you, the eldest son, have not offered incense to them even once."

  An Ziran replied calmly: "I understand, Second Aunt."

  After saying that, he walked past the two of them, and the servant guarding the mourning hall immediately handed him three sticks of incense. After taking it, An Ziran bowed to the two of them simply. Although they were not his real parents, their appearance was still the same. Do enough to avoid being caught.

  After staying in the mourning hall for nearly half an hour, An Ziran walked out. Wang Qinglan seemed to be waiting for him outside, and she immediately came up to him when she saw him.

  Wang Qinglan saw that his face was slightly pale and there was a thin layer of sweat on his forehead. It was probably because the illness he had suffered a few days ago had not completely recovered. She immediately said with a distressed look on her face: "Kid, if you haven't recovered from your illness yes, go and have some rest. Now You are the only man who can make the decision in the An family, and the An family still relies on you, so you can't get sick."

  As she said that, she took out a white handkerchief and prepared to wipe his sweat, but An Ziran subconsciously avoided it.

  Wang Qinglan didn't feel embarrassed or abrupt, and continued: "Leave your parents' funeral to Fourth Aunt. I will definitely handle it properly and let your parents have a grand burial."

  "Then I'll trouble Fourth Yiniang, I'll go back to my room first." An Ziran bowed and left.

  Wang Qinglan watched him leave, and his figure slowly darkened until she could no longer see his back. Once the master died, the only person in the An family who could make the decision was An Ziran. She had no children, so she had to hold on to this big tree.