Chapter 7

♡♡

♡♡

When my eyes reopened, I found myself lying beside Alex, a duvet wrapping both of us in its warmth. I wasn't able to remember the remnants of last night, the only thing I could feel was the intense pain all over my body. The sunlight was piercing through the window, I got up from the bed and rushed towards the bathroom for a shower, as my head was aching in pain.

After a long warm shower, I entered my room. Alex was still there, sleeping peacefully under the duvet. I rushed to the wardrobe and dressed myself in classy attire; a white shirt with grey ripped jeans, and a brown leather jacket.

My gaze got locked at my reflection on the mirror, as soon as I noticed the red bruises on my neck. I instantly got remembered everything about last night, the things that happened between Alex and me. I somehow adjusted the bruises with foundation and rushed downstairs to meet Jessica and ask her about last night.

"Good morning, Emm" she greeted me with the brightest smile on her face.

"Good morning, Jess" I replied to her warm greeting with a warm embrace.

"How was the night, Emm???" she teasingly threw a wink at me. "I don't know...I mean I remember it barely" I replied, with a slight hesitation in my lips, whether to ask her about it or not.

"He fucking, had sex with me, and didn't even ask for my consent," I muttered after a few seconds, narrowing my eyebrows and placing my hand on my head, showing my frustrations to her.

"What? You were drunk, Emm!! And everyone noticed you were enjoying his touch. Is there anything left for him to get a green signal from you?" she uttered to me, wearing a worried expression on her face.

"Did he touch me in public? Oh my God, how could he do that?" I panicked.

"Don't panic. He didn't...I mean not in that way." She assured me.

"Wait a fucking minute!!! Did he use protection?" she asked, curiously. "Of course... maybe. I told him to..." I replied hesitantly, without knowing the actual truth.

Before I could end my sentence, his appearance caught my sight. He was descending down the stairs, his bare body was bathing with the morning sunlight from the windows.

"Good morning sweetheart" he whispered in my ear. "See you in the college" he added, by giving a sweet kiss on my cheeks, before exiting from the house.

The college cafeteria was a vibrant hub of activity, bustling with the fervour of students going about their daily routines. For me, it had become a sanctuary - a place where I could retreat into the captivating world of a crime novel while savouring the comforting aroma of a cappuccino. Jessica, my loyal friend, sat beside me, engrossed in her journal, her thoughts veiled in secrecy.

Suddenly, an unmistakable voice sliced through the background noise, yanking me from the pages of my book. With a slight twist in my seat, I saw my senior friends, Olivia and Iris, seated themselves by the long table. They weren't alone; they were accompanied by two intriguing figures, Jordan and that mysterious guy who had left me intrigued by previous encounters. Their presence was like a burst of warmth in the otherwise bustling cafeteria, and my lips curved into a genuine smile as they greeted me.

"Hey, Emily!" Olivia's cheerful voice danced in the air, setting the tone for a delightful encounter.

"Hey, guys!" I grinned in response, feeling genuinely pleased by their visit.

I stood up from my seat and walked towards them. Olivia and Iris hugged me respectively, and the two other guys were seated, to witness the reunion.

"Belated Happy Birthday, Emily, sorry we forgot it" she shouts apologetically, followed by Iris, her best friend. "Thanks a lot, guys" I replied them, giving back a warm smile.

The unexpected pleasure didn't end with mere camaraderie. Olivia and Iris presented me with a bouquet of elegant white tulips, a gesture so sweet it warmed my heart.

"This is for you, Emily" they added. "Th..thanks a lot, they are beautiful...How do you know, tulips are my favourite?" I asked them, with a strange curiosity and nervousness in my heart, at the same time.

It was that stranger guy, who was catching my attention every second, just by remaining silent. He was absorbed in his sketchbook, and a subtle flush coloured his cheeks. This intriguing artist had a quiet intensity that left me curious.

'Playful Olivia,' she was always the life of the party, teased, "These are from Sheldon. He insisted on getting you something nice, like white tulips."

Once again, a cold sensation surged up my spine, as soon as his intensely mysterious deep green eyes met mine.

I shifted my gaze to my friends and back to him so that I could break that hypnotic eye contact. His shyness was palpable, yet endearing. I offered him a warm smile, touched by his gesture.

"Thank you, Sheldon. They're beautiful," I expressed my gratitude sincerely, letting my smile convey the depth of my appreciation.

Before I sink completely into his blushing smile, Jordan's voice pulls me back to the present. "Hey, Emily, did you check this out!" Jordan chuckled, an impish glint in his eye as he showed me his phone's screen. "It got 40k likes" he added.

The picture that unfolded before me was a testament to the audacity of the previous evening - a candid image that captured the passionate kiss Alex and I had shared. Dan, with a penchant for spontaneity, had ensured that the moment would be immortalized on social media.

My cheeks ignited into a shade of crimson, embarrassment coursing through me like wildfire. The public display of affection was far beyond my comfort zone. After I walked back to navigate the whole cafeteria for Dan, I clearly heard the whispers of Sheldon from the back. "It was embarrassing for her" he whispered to Jordan, showing his concern for me.

Resolute and guided by a surge of determination, I determined to address the source of my vexation. My eyes zeroed in on Dan and his huddled group of friends, their carefree conversation a stark contrast to the storm brewing within me.

As I approached, my anger became palpable, an uncontainable force that demanded to be acknowledged. In a swift and unhesitating motion, my hand made contact with Dan's cheek, the resounding slap echoing through the cafeteria. A collective hush fell over the room as if time had paused to witness the confrontation. Every pair of eyes were struck on my current action, completely shocked and silent.

My voice was charged with a mix of disbelief and fury as I confronted him. "You posted that picture? Seriously?"

Dan, his hand pressed against his stinging cheek, wore a stunned expression. The gravity of his actions was now undeniable, and the cafeteria held its breath, uncertain of the consequences that would follow this clash of emotions.

"I....I will delete that, I swear" he replied, holding his cheek, with the fear of getting another slap on his other cheek. "Delete it right now" I shouted, frustratedly.

Before I returned back to Jessica, I was amused by Jessica's shocking expression, her eyes and mouth were like a complete 'O'.

"Holy shit...Oh my God, you fucking slapped him in front of everyone, what's the reason?" she asked surprisingly, unaware of the reason which led me to that extent.

"I will explain to you later" I sighed. "I have to meet Alex, right now" I exclaimed, packing all my belongings into my bag.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲𝘀(𝗔/𝗡): Things are getting interesting, and I'd love to hear your predictions. What twists do you think lie ahead? Share your thoughts!

Enjoying the Journey? Don't Forget to...

Vote: Give a vote if you're loving the story!

💬Comment: Share your thoughts, predictions, or just say hi. I love hearing from you!

Follow: Hit that follow button for updates and more chapters!

Your support means the world! Thank you for being part of this adventure. 🚀✨