Chapter 4

Trigger Warning:Mention of Sensitive Topics

John's POV

}John and Wilma's house{

I loved my family in my early years of life

I loved my family in my early years of life. Adored the ground my grandfather walked on. The revelation of the History of Jashville was enough for me to be flabbergasted. It explained some of the things I found strange about the town; and as with every generation, John Johnson the first's journal was passed down to the next heir when they turn seventeen. But then the paint started to peel.

When I turned nineteen, that's when I found out about what my great grandfather did. After finding an old picture of him smiling, and standing next to a woman that didn't look all too happy, left me confused. I have pictures of my great grandmother. But what confused me even more, was just how similar she resembled Wilma's great grandmother.

Looking to the back of it, I saw the names Frederson Johnson and his wife Tabatha Cane.

I swore to you I almost threw up. The Cane and Johnson families have already been joined in marriage decades ago. He basically married his relative. But then what about my grandmother.

When I was going to confront my grandfather about it, my mother caught me before I could reach him and started arguing that I shouldn't speak to him about this. Grandfather took that said moment to enter my room, and saw the picture. Questioning me on where I got it, but I just wanted to know the truth.

All he told me was not to question my elders. Took the picture and left. My mother however, explained everything to me after he left.

Flashback

"But mom, what is the meaning of that picture?"

She sighs deeply, taking a hold of my hand.
"From what I found out, Tabatha is your biological great grandmother." My jaw drops.
"You're great grandfather was obsessed with her. He would follow her around, make advances at her, but then one day he didn't hold back."