Chapter 10

John POVThursday 5th November, 2009

John POV
Thursday 5th November, 2009

"How are you doing?" Darius asks, and I sit back in the chair.

"I'm alive aren't I. How's the situation with Batcher?"

"He's alive isn't he." I chuckle.

"It's only been two days, and already that woman is causing havoc. She showed up yesterday, demanding that Batcher take responsibility for his actions."

"Do you think she has evil intent?" He leans back.

"Honestly all I see is a nymph that wants a life away from what she is supposedly made for."

"Why haven't you told Romona that?"

"Jess says let it play out. It's amazing just how powerful my little baby is. Telling me what to and what not to do about the future." I chuckle.
"Her mother has some insight into it, but Wise Ones never know full detail. Jess however, sees in detail, and her kindness towards the girl when her mother is not looking is what makes me realize that there is more to it than we think." I hum in understanding.

"Laena told us how you had a huge pool built for her." I smirk, and he raises an eyebrow.

"That eternal fire is still burning." I chuckle.

"Listen-"

"I make my presence known." Loahkor's voice fills the room.

"Loahkor? What are you doing here?" The man appears.

"A letter from the reigning Queen of Alecia." He hands me the envelope. I stand to my feet, taking it from his hands.

Dear Mr. John Johnson,

I must inform you of the latest developments on the search for Laena's father; for he has since been found, and resides in a holding cell in the Triton Kingdom, and will be trialed for his crimes the day after tomorrow at the Colosseum.

I also sadly must inform you, that the persisting missing report of my husband still stands, and due to the circumstances, I have been chosen by the council of Alecia to rule the nation, and will therefore be your new range of contact through our alliance, if or until my husband is found.

I thank you for taking and protecting Laena at a time when we couldn't, and do ask that your presence and hers should be recognized at the gathering of the Colosseum in two days time.

Yours Respectfully
Queen Edna of Alecia.

"They found him didn't they?" Darius asks and I nod.

"He'll be trialed at the Colosseum in two days." He nods.

"Thank you passing on the letter Loahkor."

"It's not a problem sir." He looks to leave but I ask,