Chapter 26 - Change

Tommy opened his eyes to find himself bound to a chair in the center of a dimly lit room. "What?" he asked the air around him, it seemed as if something was living down here, though he couldn't see what, or who.

"Ah, you're awake," a new voice said, Tommy paled as Dream stared back at him, an evil smirk plastered on his face. He could tell there was malice behind his emerald green eyes, he seemed slightly disheveled and unsightly.

He grabbed a vial off the table and held it out for Tommy to drink, the younger blonde turned his head away from its horrible stench. Dream shrugged, placing it on his own lips and taking a sip. He cringed away from the smell and taste but forced himself to finish the entire thing.

"Well, you need to drink it eventually, you have no choice," the corrupt hero laughed. He gazed at the wall as if something was there and fell silent, he stood there for a solid minute just staring at the stones.

Tommy felt uncomfortable being so close to the man, and while he was distracted, he attempted to push the chair back. Something however, had forced him to stop in his tracks. He turned to look behind him and felt a rush of fear strike through him.

"Ender?" he asked, the man stared at him with a dull expression, he avoided eye contact with Tommy for an unknown reason. His heterochromatic eyes were fixated on Dream, Tommy felt rage boil in his head, and his whole body felt the fires in his mind.

Without realizing, he had released a huge wave of flames around the room. Ender let out a yelp and jumped away his dual colored tail had burst into flames, the fur being ignited by Tommy's anger.

He felt the ropes begin to loosen as they burned away to ash and dust, releasing their terrible hold on his wrists. A yellow and black streak appeared through the corner of his vision. Tommy dropped low, dodging the stinger-like spike that stuck out from Halictidae's wrist.

He followed the movements Techno had taught him and kicked his leg out into the back of the vigilante's knee, causing his legs to buckle. Tommy turned on Dream, but he had vanished from his previous spot.

"Come out, you coward!" he spat into the flames, letting out a gasp as Ender collided with his side. The vigilante winced as he hit the ground hard. "What has gotten into you, why are you helping him!" he cried.

When Ender readied to punch him Tommy responded first, catching Ender on the side of his neck. This was something he'd learned from Phil, there was always a spot on the neck that when hit could cause someone to faint on collision.

"Ender!" Halictidae screamed, managing to lodge his stinger into Tommy's shoulder. The villain cried out in pain, grabbing the vigilante and tossing him to the side. The small spike was pulled out of him, causing him to bleed all over his arm.

Tommy fought to cover it, while trying to get away from the chaos. His arm was burning from the paralyzing venom Halictidae had injected him with. It fell limp at its side, he had lost all control over his dominant hand, which in hand-to-hand combat was a problem.

A hand grabbed him harshly, pinning him down to the ground on his stomach, Dream attempted to cover his mouth and pin his arms behind his back. However, driven by his fiery strength, Tommy forced his entire weight upwards, nailing Dream right in the stomach with his elbow.

The ex hero stumbled, falling off of him with a cough. Somehow, he was beginning to feel his arm again, it was unnatural how fast he was healing from such an attack.

He didn't stop to think any longer, he focused mainly on keeping away from Dream as much as possible, and dealing as much damage as he could. Progress was slow, but he could tell the hero was slowing down, Ender was still down, and Halictidae was stunned.