CHAPTER - 34

[FLASHBACK CONTINUES]

ZHAN POV

"How are you, Zhan?" Bowen asks, looking sadly at me. 

"I am not feeling well, Dr. Bowen," I say, leaning my head back. 

For two days I felt very tired and nausea accompanied me constantly. The food that is brought to me daily by the king's servants seems fine, and Dr. Bowen assured me that the king had no intention of poisoning me. He just wants to get rid of Suibian for a few hours and implement his plan, and then he wants me to be as healthy as possible. He has nothing to do with me being sick. 

Dr. Bowen approaches and puts his hand on my forehead. He checks my throat, my lymph nodes, he takes my pulse and then he feels my abdomen and I feel those butterflies in my stomach again. Dr. Bowen looks at me and smiles. 

"I'll give you something for nausea. Rest, okay?. Is Suibian doing well?" He asks me while he is preparing a medicine syringe for me. He sits next to me on the bed and looks at me carefully.

"I'm fine, Doctor," says Suibian through the mind link. 

"Tomorrow I hope to get out of bed and end all this madness. I just need to be able to transform and get everyone out of here!" and we start laughing. 

"Oh my goddess! He is here!" I hear Suibian exclaim, but I can't help but wonder who is here door opens immediately and I see Yibo entering the room. He is here! He is really here! 

"He found us, Suibian!" 

I scream with joy but I can't say anything because I immediately see that he is heading towards Dr. Bowen and in a split second he jumps over the bed and falls to the ground with him. He sticks his hand in his throat and prepares to kill him. 

"NOOOOOO!" Suibian and I shout at the same time! Goddess, make him calm down and not do anything unfortunate.

It's all a nightmare. 

"He is not my enemy, Yibo. He is my friend! I'm still here and I can talk to you because of him. I beg you, leave him alone!" 

"But ..." Yibo says in shock, looking at me from time to time and then at Dr. Bowen's. 

"But he's the king's man!" 

"He is my friend, believe me!" I tell him and I try to get out of bed but I can't because of the ties around my hands and feet. I feel Suibian trying to break them, but as long as he can't completely transform, it's a waste of time. 

Yibo leaves Dr. Bowen and takes me in his arms, hugging me to his chest and I am happy and I want to tell him how much I missed him, how much I love him but all that comes out of my mouth is: 

"Are you trying to kill me?!!?" I screamed in pain. 

"Fuck, fuck, fuck !!!! Oohh, my goddess, it's hurt so much, YIBO!" 

"I'm sorry! I am so sorry, Zhan! Please forgive me!" Yibo says and starts looking at me intently. His eyes stop in the abdomen and he sees the huge wound caused by the shot. 

"Zhan, what happened?" shocked by what he sees. 

"A lot of wolfsbane happened to me." I tell him and start telling him about the king's plan to fill me with wolfsbane to subjugate me. 

"Doctor," Yibo says, still shocked by what he sees. 

"How can a bullet wreak so much havoc? It was just a bullet, wasn't it?"

"A silver bullet filled with wolfsbane, Alpha Yibo" says Dr. Bowen. 

"A bullet that destroyed a pile of tissue around him. Mr. Zhan is lucky it didn't touch any vital organs."