The Rainy Day

You and Chris have been living together for a year but have been together for about four years. You keep hoping he will propose but has yet to ask you. You are trying to be patient, but you know you want to spend the rest of your life with him so you hope he will ask you soon.

            It is a rainy cold day in Boston, MA. The rain is beating against the roof. You and Chris are curled up on the couch together watching your favorite Disney Movie The Little Mermaid, while Dodger is on the floor at Chris's feet. You have your head on Chris's chest as you watch the movie with him. He has his arm around you. He looks down at you and smiles.

Authors note-this is not the one I wanted but it is the best I could find

            "Y/N, you're not asleep are you?"

You shake your head. He kisses your head.

            "I love being curled up next you watching Disney movies." He says smiling down at you.

            "Me too. It's so relaxing while listening to the rain outside."

            "Yes, it is."

Chris is quiet for a minute. He looks back at the movie then looks back at you.

           "So, Y/N, I was thinking..."

            "Yeah?" You ask looking up at him.

            "One second. I will be right back." He says removing his arm from around you and stands up.

            "Dodger, come!" He calls as he walks away and heads to the bedroom.

You sit and continue watching the movie while he is gone. You debate to pause it, but you have both seen it many times, so you just keep it playing while you wait for him to return.

            A few minutes later Chris walks back into the room with Dodger following behind him. He sits back beside you and looks at you. You look back at him and smile. Dodger comes and sits at your feet and looks up at you. You turn and look at him and pet his head. He then lays down at your feet. Chris wraps his arm back around you and you finish the movie. When the movie ends Chris looks down at you. You have your head on his chest. He kisses your head. "Are you up for playing scrabble or are you tired?"

You look up at him. "Sure."

            "Okay I'll go get it." He leaves the room.

While he's gone you move stuff on the table to have room for the board. You have always loved rainy days, it's the one time you and Chris have time to spend together. You often watch movies and sometimes play games. One of his favorite games is scrabble. You have never been very good at it but you always try because you know how much he loves it. He walks in carrying the game. He starts setting it up. He tells you go to first. After looking at your letters, the only word you see you can spell is DOG. He smiles and spells his word. Halfway through you get up to get some water while Chris is looking at his letters. You don't notice him getting letters and putting them on his tray and then on the board. You come back and sit down and look at the board. You glance at the board then get a puzzled look. You look up at Chris then back at the board.

 You look up at Chris then back at the board

             "Chris?"

Chris has spelled out on the board. MARRY ME

Chris then whistles for Dodger who comes running in the room. He sits by you and Chris and looks up at Chris.

 He sits by you and Chris and looks up at Chris

Chris watches you and waits. You continue to look at him in shock.

            "Chris are you...are you asking me to..."

Dodger barks and you look down at him and pet his head, it is then you notice the ring attached to his collar. You take it off and look up at Chris.

Chris gets down on one knee and takes your hand.

            "Y/N I love you. We have been together five years, and those have been the best years of my life. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and have you become my wife. I know this is this not the most romantic way and it's actually not the way I had planned it, but the rain kind of ruined that and I couldn't wait any longer, I had to ask you now. I love you Y/F/L/N please say you'll marry me and become my wife."

You throw your arms around his neck "Oh Chris! I love you too! Yes, I will marry you! And I don't care if it's not romantic, this was so sweet and thoughtful. A rainy day in with you and Dodger is the best day ever for me." You smile.

Chris kisses you and then takes the ring in your hand and slips it on your finger and kisses you once more.