New Year's Kiss

Y/N and Chris have been married almost a year. Chris has been away filming a movie, so you have been at home alone. You miss like crazy, but you understand its work, so you try to be understanding but it's still hard for you. You are hoping he will be back by New year's. It will be your first New Years as a married couple. It is Dec 30th, and you are lying in bed waiting for Chris to facetime you like he does every night. You look at the clock and see it is almost 11:30 pm. He has normally called by now, you're getting a little worried. You had been reading and stop setting your book down on the table beside you. You sigh and just start to lay down when your phone rings. You pick it up and see Chris's face. You smile.

"Hey sweetie!"

"Hey buttercup. How's my girl?"

Authors note- sorry for the format of this pic I had to change it so it would fit and it made it black

Authors note- sorry for the format of this pic I had to change it so it would fit and it made it black. I did create this pic myself to make it look like he's in a hotel room.

  "I'm okay. I was starting to think I wasn't going to hear from you tonight."

"I know its late and I'm sorry. It has been a busy day." He sighs a little.

"You sound tired."

"I am."

"At least you will be home tomorrow, and you can get some rest and we can spend new year's together."

Chris then gets quiet and presses his lips together.

"Chris, sweetie, what's wrong."

"Buttercup I'm sorry I will be able to make it by New Years."

"What! But it's our first New Years as a married couple!"

"I know, and I'm sorry. I am still filming and I...I can't leave. Please forgive me and don't be upset."

"But what about the party and..."

"You go and have fun."

"But I won't have fun without you, and I won't have anyone to kiss at midnight." You frown and try to keep yourself from crying.

"Y/N I'm sorry. Truly. I want to be there. You know that. I love you and I would if I could. When I get home in a few days we will celebrate together, and I will make it up to you I promise."

You continue to frown but nod at him.

"Please buttercup be strong for me and smile. I can't stand to see you sad. I love you. I will talk to you tomorrow, alright? I will call you at midnight tomorrow or a little before. I promise!"

You nod again still not saying it.

"Buttercup please give me a smile before I leave. I want to see my girl smile."