How Bizarre

In a vast warehouse full the brim with relics and pieces of technology both recognisable and some completely alien two men walked side by side, their footsteps echoed in the vast space around them.

"As you can see Mr Luthor this is going to be the biggest auction yet, our sponsor is very keen on it working out well." The first man said.

"It is indeed impressive Mr Mannheim, but we both know I did not come all the way here to peruse your goods," Lex stated as he was eager to cut to the chase.

"Indeed, you wish to purchase one of the products before it has even gone to auction," Bruno said with a grin on his face.

A frown formed on Lex's face as he inspected Bruno's facial expression "Mr Mannheim that stone which you acquired was already mine, you should be glad that I am willing to negotiate rather than use more unscrupulous tactics." Lex stated in a calm but rather threatening manner.

However it didn't seem effective as Bruno sounded out a deep rumbling laugh "And they say you're the smartest man on the planet, you should know threats will do you no good Mr Luthor, you should also know that I am well aware of what this 'Stone' really is." He stated as he reached into our suit pocket and pulled out the shiny seemingly platinum stone.

Lex grits his teeth at the audacious behaviour of Bruno as he dares to openly flaunt the very thing he'd come here for "Your obsession with Superman is quite unhealthy Mr Luthor, though I honestly can't say I care much. But what I will tell you is what I tell everyone who comes seeking to buy before the auction has started."

"Fuck off and wait till the auction starts."

Lex found his blood boiling at the disrespect he was being shown "You'll regret crossing me..." he said before turning on his heels and walking out of the warehouse leaving Bruno alone with a wide grin on his face.

———————————————————-

Mark sped across the sky leaving Gotham in only a few seconds, he knew he was in trouble. Harley would definitely give him grief over leaving her at a bus station, he would need to make it up to her or risk her being a nightmare for the next few months. Luckily Batman was true to his word and when he checked his balance in his legal account he saw that over two million had been deposited into his account, which seemed a little low considering his Dad was about to take over the planet.

He'd just need to buy her some expensive liquor and maybe some food from her favourite takeout and he'd be good, Harley was easy like that. The trip from Gotham
To New York didn't take long and Mark found himself landing at the bus station they had both stayed at, while it did cause quite a scene he still had his makeshift mask on. However, as expected Harley wasn't there, Mark didn't expect her to be as it would be quite strange for her to spend two weeks at a bus station but when he thought about it he honestly couldn't say there wasn't a possibility that she would do something like that.

Mark guessed the only other place she'd go back to was her apartment building to maybe try to get some cash or belongings, though he didn't put it past her to occupy one of her tenant's apartments. Mark sighed before flying up into the air again and shooting off towards Harley's apartment building, though he figured he should probably make a stop on the way so he scanned the streets of New York till he found a bodega at the corner of 140th street.

Mark landed on the street in front of the bodega, he didn't like causing such a commotion but he was in a rush so he didn't feel like landing somewhere with no people. The bell rang as the door opened and Mark stepped inside, he immediately headed down the aisle and inspected the selection of alcohol they had.

However what he hadn't realised was that the bodega was being robbed, a man with a gun pointed at the cashier moved his finger to his lips giving him the universal sign to shush "She probably won't notice if I give her the cheapest bottle, she gulps down vodka like it's water anyway," Mark said to himself with a chuckle as he picked up a bottle of vodka from the bottom shelf.