The Last Laugh

"AhhahahHhahahhhha."

Mark pushed himself forward and flew towards the Joker. His body was wracked with nothing but pain and he felt himself on the verge of collapse but the anger of seeing the Joker had spiked his adrenaline. He flew straight into the Joker, shoulder first, tackling him across the ground and punching him in the face with his good arm. All the while the Joker laughed not even bothering to defend himself "You seem upset, did you know that little boy you killed, HaAhahaahhAhhaHahah!"

"Shut up!!!" Mark yelled as he kept punching him only to be hit in the face with a blast of heat vision from the Joker. Mark flipped off him and landed on his stomach, before he could attempt to stand up the Joker was already there and he grabbed him up by the neck "I must thank you, today truly has been hilarious, I only wish I was there to watch Bizarro murder the other heroes, but it's just like cake you can't have too much of it or it'll ruin the taste," The Joker said as he chuckled.

Mark's eyes widened, and he slammed his fist down on the Joker's elbow before head-butting him and kicking him away. He shot off towards where he'd left the other injured heroes and where he imagined Connor was right now. "Where are you going? AHaHahhahahaahah!" The Joker flew up behind him grabbing his head and hitting it into the ground before flying straight up into the air and tossing him away.

Mark cursed as he realised he'd need to deal with the Joker before he could help Connor. 'I should've killed that damn fake Superman when I had the chance,' Mark thought to himself as he stopped himself from moving in the air and flew back towards the Joker. The Clown was waiting for him with a grin plastered on his face "How about a change of scenery, not enough red for my tastes," The Joker said as he sped towards Mark punching him in the stomach and grabbing him by the back of the neck.

Mark tried to use his powers to push the Joker away, but after using purple to defeat Doomsday he could barely summon enough strength to make himself heavier. Barely ten seconds later the Joker threw Mark into a densely populated city where he crashed through multiple buildings; Mark felt slightly sick as he felt the bodies of people explode against him turning into a bloody mist as he plunged through them. He was reminded of the fight with his Dad as he crashed into the streets slamming into a truck which stopped his momentum.

Mark's vision was completely blurred, the only sounds he could hear were the screams of the people around him, and their footsteps running away from him. His nose was filled with the scent of blood, his own, other people's, he didn't know which but it made him feel sick. Mark had gotten lucky in most of his death matches so far, but right now he couldn't help but think that things weren't going to work out so well this time.

He fell out of the truck and onto the ground as he tried to use his hand to steady himself —forgetting it was gone. The Joker landed on the ground cracking the asphalt "I always love coming to cities, the people do love serenading me, hehehehhe," The Joker said as he kicked Mark through the truck; The Young Viltrumite smashed through the metal before tumbling across the ground. Mark pushed himself up and managed to duck a punch from the Joker 'At least I have one advantage,' he thought to himself as he sent an uppercut to his chin which lifted the Clown into the air before Mark grabbed his leg and slammed him down.

The Joker still cackled as he kicked Mark in the knee cracking the bone. He then launched a kick straight to the bottom of his chin which sent him flying into the building behind him; Mark flew back out in an attempt to surprise the Joker but he was able to avoid the punch —which was instead taken by the ground. The Joker grabbed Mark in a bear hug and started to squeeze Mark's already injured body.

Mark yelled out in pain as he felt his bones start to crack. The Joker laughed as he revelled in the screams coming from the Young Man. Mark slammed his head into the Joker's nose multiple times, but despite making him bleed profusely he didn't let go. "Let go!!!" Mark shouted as he tried repelling him off, the Joker loosened his grip enough that Mark was able to elbow him in the side and slip out of his grip, but the Joker sent a full blast of heat vision straight into his chest sending him into a storefront.