Chapter 2

The man woke up. He can hear Almie's voice echoing "Wake up." in his head, but he can still hear ringing in his ears.

"Wake up!" Almie shouted, startling the man who then tried to escape but was tied up in a chair. He looked around and it was a very dark room with only one light directly above his head.

"Where am I?" The man asked. "That is confidential." Almie answered instantly. "What do you want?" The man asked. "Don't play dumb." Almie answered, she was irritated.

"Heh, even if I decided to cooperate with you, how could you be sure I would know major information about Adriite or Matei?" The man asked. "Because we know who you are... Pierre Gauthier." Almie slams Pierre's shoulders, "We know you are Adriite's right hand man, therefore you are a senior official." She adds.

Pierre was surprised as to how they know his real name, he thought that the TMC only records criminals as numbers and not names.

"We also know which criminal activities you personally lead, and some of those are activities punishable by death." Almie said, "Your biggest one being the massacre of students." She added while reading a file, she was holding back her obvious anger.

"So? That threat won't work for me. Your judiciary is a joke, I might be transported to jail, but you guys haven't killed anyone for a long time." Pierre said. "And I would rather be dead than give the TMC anything!" He shouted. "Whatever you wish!" One of the enforcers pulled his gun out but Almie and the other enforcer stopped him.

"Guli! Guli! Stand down!" Almie said as she tries to disarm a clearly angry enforcer. "He is a war criminal! He deserves to die!" Guli replied. "That is an order!" Almie yelled, and Guli calmed down. Pierre, however, was laughing.

"Wow, TMC enforcers have a short fuse. No wonder you guys are ineffective at all." Pierre said grinning. Almie looks like she had enough and was about to either slap or punch Pierre, but she stopped. Velus, however, was drinking his cup of espresso loudly to try and capture Pierre's attention. He was in the dimmer side of the room, sitting down with his navy blue top hat blocking his eyes.

"So you must be the Chronite of this task force." Pierre said, "You must be one of the best for TMC to supervise an ineffective enforcer squad." He added. Velus just looked at him before placing his cup at the table. "Monsieur Gauthier, I understand why you are loyal to Adriite. He saved you and your sister when the SS killed both of your parents back in the war." Velus said as he stood up and walked towards Pierre slowly. He was shocked, so was Almie. Where did he get this information? Only Adriite, Pierre, and his sister knew about this.

"How... how did you know?" Pierre asked. Velus then went to his ear to whisper something, Almie and the two enforcers were confused as to why and what he whispered to him. But whatever it was, Pierre was shocked to hear it.

"He... he is in the countryside. I can write the address down if you give me a pen and paper." Pierre said, suddenly being cooperative. "No. Just tell us what the address is." Almie said. "Fine." Pierre replied and told her the address as she wrote it down in the paper.

"Thank you." Velus said with a smile, but Pierre looked traumatized.

The two enforcers then walked towards Almie. "Corporal, we are needed back at Headquarters." Guli said. "Okay." Almie replied but Velus stopped them. "Wait, we are almost done anyway. I need you two to do something first." He said quietly. "And what is that?" The other enforcer asked. Velus looked towards Pierre.

"Thank you, Monsieur Gauthier, for cooperating with us." Velus said with a wide smile. "Hey, I only did it because you promised me that you would let me see my parents in the past." Pierre replied. Almie was confused as to why Velus would do that as it was against TMC's rule, and as a Chronite, she expected him to know about it.

"What? I never said you would see them in the past, I just said I would let you see them." Velus replied. Pierre was surprised and already knows where this was going.

"W- wait! Wait!" Pierre cried to Velus, who then turned his back on him and walked towards the door. But before leaving the room he whispered to Guli, "You may now shoot him." which surprised Almie.

"My pleasure." Guli said before pulling his gun and pointing it at Pierre, who begged for his life. "Wait! Please! Don't kill me-" BANG!