Justice League

Every active member in the Justice League sat in the meeting room, eyes glued to the live stream. The planet Venus, Earth's twin, spiralled out of her orbit, on collision course with Planet Earth.

"According to my calculations, we have exactly an hour to prevent the extinction of all life on our planet," Batman pointed at the image on screen.

"The ideal solution is to move Venus back into orbit, failing which we must destroy Venus to save Earth." Batman grimaced inwardly at the likelihood of the latter, though he schooled his expression to show no emotion.

"Are you talking about destroying an entire planet?" Jayna stood up, fury in her eyes.

"It's unpopulated," Batman replied.

"How do you know for sure?" Zan stood beside his twin.

"The sensors I dispatched detected no life forms," Batman held his hand up. "Stand down. You're wasting precious time."

Glaring at everyone in the room to silence further protests, he continued.

"The surface of Venus is 465 degrees Celsius," he pointed at screen as the camera zoomed in on Venus. "The air is toxic with clouds of sulphuric acid. The atmospheric pressure would crush a regular human, even with armoured life support."

His eyes fell on J'Onn. The Martian's one weakness is fire.

"J'Onn, link us up telepathically and stay here."

Looking around the room, he continued, "I need a task force to move Venus back in orbit."

The obvious choice sat opposite him. "Superman, you take the lead. Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, help him move the planet in place."

"My ship can help pull the planet," Shayera volunteered.

"Hrrmph," he waved her into the task force.

"I can be a space behemoth and Zan can be an ice rocket," Jayna volunteered.

"No. Zan would melt," Batman replied.

"Wait. Look!" Mouth wide open, Barry pointed at the screen.

All eyes stared. Venus slowed to a halt. Then it moved towards its place in orbit.

"Computer, zoom in on that red dot at the edge of Venus," Batman ordered.

Disbelief.

His eyes had to be playing tricks on him.

A big guy in a red uniform with a white cape merrily pushed an entire planet with one hand, taking a selfie with the other.

"That's Captain Marvel," Clark blurted.

"What do you know about him?" Batman studied his Kryptonian colleague.

"We met twice," Superman shrugged. "His powers are similar to mine."

Another Kryptonian? Superman's a useful ally but this new guy's an unknown.

"What else do you know about him?"

"He's from Fawcett. He loves Chocolate Egg Cream, a Fawcett ice cream specialty. He helps elderly ladies carry their groceries," Clark counted his fingers.

"Friend or foe?" Batman asked as they watched the big man land on Venus. He had a huge, dimpled smile on his face, taking another selfie as if he were a tourist.

"Friend of course. He saved my life," Superman grinned.

"Saved your-," Bruce's heart raced. A guy who could defeat anything that might threaten Superman had to be...