Batman wants a new Robin

"Mister Morris, Bruce Wayne is here to see you," Lucy informed on the intercom.

Bruce Wayne?

What does Gotham's celebrity billionaire, heir to the Wayne fortune want?

"Send him in," Sterling Morris replied.

Lucy's face flushed pink when she walked the tall, exceptionally broad gentleman into the room. Wayne smiled, looking every bit a vacuous male model, if not for that glint of intense intelligence in his eyes.

"Thank you, Lucy." Exuding charm that ladies find irresistible, Wayne kissed Lucy's hand, flirting shamelessly with her. Poor Lucy was as red as a beetroot by the time she left the room.

"Ah, Sterling Morris," the debonair gentleman offered his hand with a firm handshake.

"What brings you to Fawcett?" Sterling Morris scrutinised the man.

"I'm inspired by Whiz Kid's broadcasts and am starting a foundation for orphans in Fawcett in his name," Bruce shrugged, nonchalant. "Billy Batson foundation. Or Whiz Kid foundation. Take your pick. Ten million should be enough to start with. Or should I make it twenty?"

Several red flags.

Bruce Wayne's entire performance was a well scripted façade. He's not the airhead his publicists portray. Billy never specifically covered orphans in his broadcasts either.

"Why orphans?" He asked, observing intelligence glimmer briefly in the man's eyes before vanishing.

"Don't you know that I'm an orphan myself?" Bruce Wayne looked aghast. It's common knowledge that Bruce's parents were murdered when he was a child, leaving their massive fortune to him.

"That I know. But what does Billy have to do with orphans?" He held Wayne's gaze.

"My guys tell me Billy's an orphan. His parents were killed when he was six years old," Wayne shrugged. "So, I'm here to adopt him."

"Why?" He studied the man. Either the man's telling the truth or he's a brilliant liar. Likely the latter.

"My ward, Dick, has grown up and moved out of my Manor. His room is empty," Wayne gave an exaggerated sigh. "Billy can take his place."

"You've been misinformed, Mister Wayne," he frowned. "Billy's father, Mister Batson, is very much alive."

"Call me Bruce," the billionaire flashed a cheesy grin. "My guys are never wrong. They run my businesses for me." He pulled out a newspaper clipping from his pocket. Archaeologists C.C. Batson and Marilyn Batson were killed in Egypt when the site they were exploring collapsed. They behind six-year-old twins, William and Mary.

Sterling Morris's stomach lurched as he read the article. He could discern the faces of Billy and his Dad in the blurry photo.

"Whoever is posing as Billy's dad is an imposter," Bruce dropped his flamboyant façade.

"There are so many kids you could adopt," Morris looked away. "Why Billy?"

"Billy is the boy reporter who captured the hearts of Fawcettites. He's the perfect face for my foundation to support orphans in Fawcett like him," Bruce shrugged, his disarming charm couldn't pull wool over Morris's eyes. The man was lying. There had to be another reason why he wanted to adopt Billy.

Gotham's notorious for its leniency towards mass murdering felons. Each was sent to Arkham Asylum and released within a year. According to Perry, Gotham's criminal elements had spread to Metropolis. With Bruce Wayne eyeing Fawcett, would it spread here as well?