Chapter 11

Hanako begrudgingly hopped off his windowsill, waddled over to the doorframe, extended his arm so he could grab the door handle, but stopped dead in his tracks. He spun on his heel to face his will-o-wisps, and folded his arms. "Wait." They waited expectantly for him to elaborate, given as they stayed uncharacteristically silent. He sighed. "Where are we going to get the flowers in the first place?"
"We're gonna steal them!" The Hakujoudai replied merrily, swinging to and fro like a couple of jolly children.
"We're what?" Hanako stared at his orb companions like they'd grown two heads.
"Well, where else would we get them?"
"There's plenty of other ways we can get them."

"Get what?" A honey-soaked voice asked, and the gears in Hanako's head turned and swirled as he tried to recognize it. But then it hit him.
Aoi-Chan.
He winced as he reluctantly turned around and faced the amethyst-haired girl. "Nothing."
Aoi-Chan tilted her head, lavender-hued tresses splaying over her shoulder. "Are you sure? I was looking for Nene-Chan--" just the mere mention of her name made him cough awkwardly into his fist-- "and I heard you talking to no one."
"Did she just call us 'no one'?" One of the orbs murmured in Hanako's ear, which prompted the brunet haired boy to swat them away and squeak, "shut up!"
"What was that?" Aoi-Chan said, raising an eyebrow.
"Nothing!" Hanako squeaked, still shooing the will-o-wisps a safe distance away from his ear.
Aoi-Chan chuckled. "Anyways, what flowers are you looking for, Honorable Number Seven?"
Hanako's face dropped, followed by a horrified peep. She heard him? "What do you mean?"
"Weren't you looking for flowers?"
Hanako donned his best convincing smile as he replied, "nope."

Aoi-Chan chuckled once more. "If you're looking for flowers for Nene-Chan, you can just tell me. There's plenty of romantic ones that you can give to her!"
Hanako's left eye twitched. Was this girl a secret mind reader or something? "I'm not looking for anything."
Unfortunately, he was so sheepish about Aoi-Chan's knack of figuring out his plan so easily, that he was left completely unguarded against his persistent will-o-wisps, who took their chance and started screaming ideas into his ears. "Take her ideas! She's in the gardening club, isn't she? She can get us some!"
"I am not asking Yashiro's best friend for flowers, nor ideas. Do you have any idea how risky that would be? Ludicrous. Absurd. Completely and utterly preposterous."
"What's so absurd about asking me for advice?" Aoi-Chan asked, blinking sweetly.
"Oh my god, you're a total moron!" One of the Hakujoudai shrieked in his ear. "How did you forget that she's in the room! This is not how you get your girlfriend's best friend's blessing!"
"Oh, I'm sorry, it's almost like I have to deal with you two so often that I can't remember whether or not someone's in the same room as us!" Hanako whispered angrily, digging his nails into his palms. After a couple of seconds, a roseate hue brushed the tips of his ears. "What do you mean blessings--? Wait, girlfriend--?!"
"You know what, how about we sit down, and you tell me what's going on?" Aoi-Chan suggested, donning an understanding smile as she gestured to the bathroom floor.
"I can assure you, that's not necessary." Hanako promised, looking away to cover his flushed cheeks--courtesy of his orb companion's moronic behavior-- as he waved his hands dismissively.

But she wasn't looking at him. Instead, she was looking behind him. Aoi-Chan giggled, and plopped down on the bathroom floor. When she noticed his perplexed face, she gestured behind him, using her other palm to shield her smiling mouth. He whipped his head around, only to be faced with the barely legible sign the Hakujoudai had created, penned with, "he neeeds yor advise for flowers! He lices his asistant!"
Okay, first off, way to throw him under the bus. Second off, who taught them how to spell? A vending machine? Seriously, they needed an English lesson or two.
But, that wasn't the important thing here. He spun on his heel to try and convince the amethyst haired girl that he didn't like her best friend--technically, it was half true, he was totally obsessed with that adorable cream haired girl, but we don't talk about that--but unfortunately, her smug grin and twinkling eyes gave him enough information to conclude that she completely understood the situation and was not going to buy any of his lies.
Hanako scrubbed a hand down his face, sighing, "is there any way that I can convince you that they're lying?"
"Nope." Aoi-Chan beamed, patting the lightly tiled floor, as though she was inviting him to sit in his own bathroom, "now, how about you tell me what's been going on?"