It'll be okay wont it?

Note to reader:

Hey I'm getting more views so I guess you all expect something of me. Recently I haven't been updating cause I've had mock exams and stuff but I've got nearly 3 weeks of Easter holidays so expect at a few more chapters! I only write when I'm bored and have time so don't wait for me to update:) also leave me comments, this is my first fanfic so give me criticism please, any ways to make it better? Any bad habits I have? Thanks xoxo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I should be feeling all happy with myself and should be talking to Alex more after I basically led her on, but surprisingly my thoughts were somewhere else. I just couldn't do anything.

*flashback*

I was walking back from walking Alex home, everything was perfect. Got my keys out and shoved him into the door, my mum was waiting up for me, I told her not to, why did she? "Mum? Why are you awake?" I felt guilty, I've barely drank this much before, I'd better keep my distance. "It's your sister", her face had a serious expression, this is what worried me. You see, my sister Rose has been sick lately, she kept getting these pains near her ribs and she'd keep passing out. The hospital didnt know why it was at first, just some rare case. "WHAT'S HAPPENED TO ROSE?" she looked down. "She's been coughing up blood and she didn't tell anyone until I saw her today" my mouth dropped, my heart stopped. Blood? Coughing it up? This sounds serious. "What the f-" I can't swear infront of my mum "I tried calling you...16 times" I quickly checked my phone '16 missed calls from mum'. "You were obviously too busy" I dropped my phone "where is she now?" "Hospital" "when can I see her?" "We'll go in a few days, doctor said she has to be alone for a while" "mum I'm so sor-" "don't apologise james. It's not your fault, none of us knew it was this bad, just do me a favour and don't go out anytime soon. Spend time with your sister until she gets better" "of course. Erm where's dad?" She was now facing the wall, I think she was silently crying "he's staying over at the hospital with her, just go to bed now".

*flashback ends*

Present day

When I saw rose in the hospital, attached to wires, pale and helpless, it really hurt me. My baby sister looking so weak, I could barely look at her. My dad looked as if he didnt get any sleep, as if he'd been crying a lot. Is there something they're not telling me? Rose was asleep for hours while I was there so I sat and held her hand, talked to her. One thing that caught my attention was when the doctor walked in and asked to talk to my parents, alone. My parents rushed to him. Seriously was I missing something? If its about rose and her health, I need to know, but I patiently sat and waited for my parents to come back in. "Uh james" my dad said quietly "we better go now" "what did the doctor say?" I could see the look of worry on his face, I knew he's hiding something, I stood up and before I knew it, I blew "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ROSE!". Everyone was quiet now, I stood waiting for an answer "WHY AREN'T YOU TALKING TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER" after waiting a second I heard my mum cry out "SHE'S GOT FUCKING CANCER OKAY?!" She burst into tears and my dad went to comfort her. What did she just say? Cancer? Everything around me went blurred, I wanted to scream. I felt myself hit the floor. I closed my eyes wanting to forget it all as I drifted off into a faint.

~~~~~~~~the next day~~~~~~~~

"Ugh" the sun shone through my curtains and I was blinking to try to see where I was. My bedroom. I can't even remember what happened last night, I had some meltdown, oh yeah rose... I guess after I fainted I went to sleep. Lucky I did though because it was 7:15 I'd have to get up now to get ready. I took a twenty minute shower, got dressed, I dried and straightened my hair, I really didn't want to eat so I walked silently straight past my parents and out the door.

~~~~~~~~~Alex's POV~~~~~~~~

I walked in with Lilly, we were always on time. James was heading this way. He looked really drained out, his face was pale, his eyes were bloodshot. He has been acting weird lately, I wonder what's up. "Hey James" I flashed him a smile "hi" he said bluntly without even stopping. "Huh that was rude" "no Lilly something's up with him, I'll find out and cheer him up, you can tell something's wrong" "okay well i'll see you at break" we separated.

Breaktime

The time I was waiting for, just so that I could see James and talk to him, I really like him and I don't want him to be like this. He's acting as if he has no interest in me now, I don't know what to think. Instead of buying my break snacks I went straight to James, I must've seemed persistent but I had to do this. "James we need to talk, can we go somewhere else?" I looked him straight in the eyes. "Do we have to-" "yes James... please". He stood up and we walked to the cleaners room, I don't know how it was unlocked. "It's open, let's go" I then shut the door and sat down next to him.

"What's going on, I can tell something's wrong" he looked down avoiding eye contact "what nothing, it's nothing" "come on james, I don't mean to be annoying but I really do care about you and i dont like seeing you upset. After what happened at the party you can't just ignore me like this, I mean, did I do something wrong? Do you hate me?" After saying this I felt a lump form in the back of my throat. Do not cry. James looked up "what? No Alex it's not like that" I stood up "what is it like then?!" I said raising my voice a little. He stopped and put his head into his hands, and sniffled. "...James?" He didn't answer for a while, I stood waiting for an answer until he told me. "It's rose... sh-she's got cancer". My jaw dropped as the words came out of his mouth, and he started sobbing into his knees. I dropped beside him and put my arms out infront of him, James opened up like a snail and I embraced him tightly. I could smell him perfectly, vanilla. After about twenty seconds, the crying stopped. "I'm sorry" he quietly muffled, "no, no it's fine james" we both let go and he wiped away his tears "ugh I probably look like an idiot right now" he chuckled slightly "no you don't! You're grieving, it's understandable, you're going through a rough time" "yeah, I only found out yesterday, I guess it's just sunk in" "well hey, I'm always here right? You can talk to me anytime, I'm only a phonecall away" "thanks" it was good to see him smiling again.

I stood up and offered my hand out to help him up. "Breaks nearly over, you should eat" we were walking through the corridor when he said "I've got no time for food now, cantines closing, I don't even want to be here right now" I grinned at him with a genius idea "how about we take the rest of the day off" he looked at me and smirked "ooh breaking the rules now are we?" "Haha shutup. race you" I sped down the corridor and out the door with him running behind me laughing. We ran right out of school and didnt stop until we were both breathlessly laughing