Mum meets James

SORRY THIS TOOK AGES IVE JUST BEEN SO BUSY DONT HATE ME

it a shit chapter but the next might be better

sorry to keep you waiting <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "What do you mean he likes Rose?"

he knew exactly what I mean

"A crush, what else"

"well does he know she has cancer?"

"Not exactly, i'll tell him soon"

He looked at me with his piercing bluey grey eyes

"Make sure he doesn't like her too much, you never know what could happen" he said quietly

"Ah don't say that!" I leant towards his him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Let's get out of here then"

He waved the waitress over and paid for our drinks

I texted my mum saying to be prepared, a special friend of mine is coming round.

We walked hand in hand in the dark, chilly night. It was now 9pm and it was dark

The air held silence, but it was comfortable. Every now or then I would catch James watching me, and we'd both just giggle.

We got to my front door

I was about to knock on my front door

"Wait" James said

"What?"

"I-I'm, what if she doesn't like me?"

"She will! Just don't swear, be polite and you'll be fine"

My mother opened the door and

"Oh"

"Hey mum, this is my..boyfriend James"

~~~~~~~~~~James POV~~~~~~~~~~

"Uh-nice to meet you" I said holding out my hand, which just happened to be shaking.

She looked at me smiling, I'm so nervous oh my god.

"Nice to meet you too! Come on in"

Alex and I entered her house which I never have seen from the inside, I was looking around when Alex pointed to my shoes. I removed them and she did the same.

I've never really been in this situation, what the hell do I do?

"So boyfriend? When did this happen honey?" her mum said smiling, raising her eyebrows at the both of us

Alex chucked and replied "a few weeks ago, maybe even a month"

Her mother smiled at me. "Well it's great to meet you, you can stay until 11 the lates-"

"Mum can't he stay the night?"

Alex interrupted, "Honey you've never had a boy stay round and I don't know James well enough, sorry"

"Mum please, you can trust me, he's great, plus, if he stays over, you can get to know him in the morning tomorrow!"

"Hmm...okay, but I'm seriously trusting you not to do anything stupid, my room is right next to yours! I want him in the guest room, and James honey, make sure you check with your parents"

she flashed one last smile at me before making her way upstairs

"So, I'm staying round am i?"

Alex looked at me and smiled "yep! don't forget to check with your parents!" she joked, imitating her mother.

She plopped herself down onto the sofa "SO, the plan for tonight, we share a tub of icecream and we eat sweet popcorn all night. No films tonight because I want this sleepover to be just you and me spending time together.

I looked at her with a blank expression, I don't know why

"Please tell me you like sweet popcorn", I shuffled next to her on the sofa and kissed her cheek.

"I'll take that a 'yes I do'"

Before I could speak we heard footsteps making their way down the stairs. I turned around to see who I assumed was Chris.

He had light brown hair, a lot lighter than Alexs', it was long enough to flick.

"Chris, come meet James."

Alex said cheerfully as Chris made his way around

"uh hey" he said awkwardly

"hey I'm James" I didn't know whether to put my hand out or not but I did anyway.

He shook it, "so are you two like... going out?"

"Uh yeah we are" Alex said shyly.

Chris started to walk back up to the stairs "right well nice to meet you, I'll see you around" and before I knew it, it was just Alex and I.

~~~~~~~~~~Alex's POV~~~~~~~~~~

"So when're you gonna tell him?" James looked at me concerned, "Soon, maybe after you've gone tomorrow"

"I just don't wanna freak him out, he really likes her"

"aw that's so cute, imagine if they started going out too aw"

"Yeah, we'll see what happens"

the rest of the night we spoke and spoke about everything in our past, all our adventures and old friends, things we hate and love, until we both fell asleep cuddled up on the sofa.

*someone clears throat*

Who the frick is clearing their throat in my face

I look up to see my mother looking at James and I, who was sleeping like such a cutie by the way. She had her arms folded.

"oh." was all I could say

my voice came out weak and croaky

"ehem, good morning mother" I spoke in a quiet tone

"I said he sleeps in the guest room and what do I find? you two lounging all over eachother!" mum said in a quiet but angry tone.

"shh mum you'll wake him, jeez all we did was talk and we started watching tv and fell asleep"

"whatever, just don't get too comfortable with him"

she said while walking out the room

I scoffed. James mumbled with his eyes still closed and turned over to face me, his mouth turning to a smile "good morning beautiful"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

comment pleaseeee

vote if you wanna

I wanna know if there's even anyone reading this