Chapter 1: We're Partners

You were going to the area of Agent Twilight's apartment building and sat down on a bench to catch up on reading your favorite novel when Nightfall arrived.

You saw her enter the building and you threw a bug near Twilight's window and puts your finger on the earpiece, listening in on the conversation. Once the rain clouds start appearing, you took cover at a bus stop.

Nightfall: "How has your relationship with Twilight been?"

Yor: "Well--"

Nightfall: "How has it been raising a daughter with him?"

"Is she really-"

You then saw Agent Twilight with his adopted daughter and their dog.

"Guess they noticed the rain clouds as well."

You overheard Nightfall continuing the conversation trying to make Yor think that she's a burden to Twilight, but Twilight entered the apartment and cuts off the conversation.

"Nice save, Twilight."

Nightfall and Twilight begin talking to each other, but you know they are communicating by mouthing different words.

"Yeah, that way of communicating has always been tough for me."

Yor: "Does anyone want any drinks?"

"Yeah, It's probably better if I don't think about what's going on in their heads... or at least What Nightfall was thinking for a whole minute."

You overheard Anya spilling her drink.

Anya: "Do you know how much I love you, Ma?"

She then hissed at Nightfall.

"Well, the harsh discipline you showed on our last mission proves that you'd be a very terrible mother."

Nightfall: "I thank you for your hospitality."

Nightfall walked out and sees that she doesn't have an umbrella. Twilight then arrives and tries to give Nightfall her umbrella, but she just gives details on the next mission they'll be partnering up for.

You followed Nightfall until she stopped at a traffic light, and held an umbrella over her. Nightfall shows no emotion, but you can tell she's surprised.

"What are you doing walking in the rain? You're going to catch a cold. That won't do you any good."

Nightfall: "Why aren't you covering yourself with this?"

"I got another one. Take it. I insist."

Nightfall: "Thanks."

"No problem."

Nightfall: "Should I have told Agent Twilight about the mission you and I have been assigned?""You can tell him after you complete your next mission."

Nightfall: "Do you have any advice on how this relationship will work?"

"I know this sounds ridiculous, but let's just take it one day at a time. Won't really happen if we just rush it."

Nightfall stays silent for a minute as her expression seems to lighten up a bit.

Nightfall: "Perhaps."

You crossed the street together as the light finally turned.