Chapter 2: Pretend Date

You and Fiona are sitting at a café.

Fiona: "Why are you smiling?"

"Well, this is the first assignment we're doing together in a while."

Fiona: "Hmm. When was that?"

"A year I think. Maybe two."

Fiona looked away in thought for a second.

Fiona: "Oh yeah. Has it really been that long?"

"Time flies by when you're busy."

Fiona: "Maybe. I still wish I was available to help agent Twilight earlier."

"Well, you're here now, and I know there will still be assignments where you two will work together."

Fiona: "You might be right. So, any knowledge on who will be at this gala?"

"Just two. Gabriel and Emellie Blackburn. They made their wealth selling medical technology during the war. They're hosting the gala to remind everyone of their role in helping many soldiers recover."

Fiona: "Anything else?"

"The gala will be guarded. It will be inside their estate to clearly prevent anyone from seeing the guards in armor. Their supplier for the guards' weapons is Blackwell Industries, so expect them to have many weapons hidden on them. Also, their estate has a vault hidden three floors underground, but I don't think that's a concern for right now."

Fiona: "Is that all?"

"For the time being."

Fiona: "Very well. I must say I am somewhat impressed by your information gathering."

"I am honored to hear that from you. How is your coffee?"

Fiona: "It's alright. I ordered the same one agent Twilight drinks."

"You really admire him, don't you?"

Fiona: "Twilight is everything an an agent should be. He taught me everything I know."

She then went silent as she stared at you. You can tell that she is having a big fantasy about her and Twilight.

Fiona: "But for right now, you and I are in a relationship for this operation."

"I know during this assignment, we need to be professional, but I still think some parts of it might be fun. It's like what you might see on TV."

Fiona: "They should really put more effort into making that stuff accurate, but I think I get where you're coming from."

"Would you like me to walk you home?"

Fiona stayed silent for a second.

Fiona: "Sure. I don't live far from here."

You walked Fiona to her apartment building.

Fiona: "Thank you, agent Sundown. I wish for our mission to run smoothly."

"So do I. See you later, Nightfall."

Fiona entered her building and you walked back to your home.