Chapter 5: It's My Job

You are in the park reading a book about understanding emotions.

"I wonder how Nightfall is doing," you thought. "I get that her odds are pretty good since Twilight is with her, but she still needs to be prepared for anything. In an underground tournament, players and Elites attending will resort to anything to win."

You looked afar and saw Yor and Anya Forger with their dog, playing tennis together, and you smiled at the sight of a loving family.

You looked down at your watch, seeing that the tournament should have ended a few minutes ago. From afar, you heard a car arriving and looked over to see Fiona and Loid coming back from the mission. Loid stepped out of the car and walked over to Yor and Anya as you walked over to Fiona.

"Hello, Fiona. How was the Tennis match?"

Fiona: "It went very well. Our co-workers put up a good match, but me and Dr. Forger won in the end. I do commend their determination though."

Because you saw her mouthing different words, you didn't know what she was saying, but you assumed she confirmed that the operation was a success.

"Glad to hear it. Would you like me to drive you back? I assume that the match was tiring for you."

Fiona: "I can drive just fine, but I appreciate the concern and offer. I can give you a ride home if you want."

"I wouldn't want you to go out of your way just for that."

Fiona still kept her emotionless expression, but you had a feeling that she found it nice that you puts her before yourself. She then looked at Yor and began walking over to her.

"Fiona?"

Fiona: "I have one more match in me."

She went over to the Forgers and asked for a match with Yor.

"Here she is trying to find a fault in Twilight's main operation, again," you thought.

Yor accepted, and at the first swing, proves her strength is enough for the racket to dice the ball with one swing.

"Yeah, I should be the one to drive after this," you said.

Despite your concern for Fiona, you knew that you should keep her from scheming anything for a while.

Yor held back on the next swing, but even that is enough for the ball to travel at the speed of sound. Fiona gave everything she's got into pushing the ball back, but her racket was destroyed and she ended up hurting her wrist.

Fiona: "Thank you for the match, Mrs. Forger."

Before she made it to the car, you got in the driver's seat.

"I'm driving. Please don't argue."

Fiona sighed and got in the passenger seat as you drove off and took Fiona home.

Fiona: "Thank you for giving me a ride back."

"Well, I'd be a bad boyfriend if I just let you go home on your own and with a sprained wrist."

Fiona: "I nearly forgot about the gala in two months. How is that possible?"

"You were busy and we all had missions left and right for days on end. Heck, Twilight was doing so many missions on his own, he was just out of it. You're only human and even with incredible skill, you can only handle so much."

Fiona: "If I didn't follow Twilight's teaching, I would've broken down and curled up on my bed. How can you know what I'm feeling?"

"It's my job."

Fiona remained silent for a minute.

Fiona: "Thank you, Agent Sundown. Can I tell you something else?"

"Anything."

Fiona: "I've been considering it for days, and I've decided that maybe it would be best if I moved in with you. Would that be okay?"

"Only if you'd be comfortable with it."

Fiona: "I am comfortable with it."

"Then okay."

You stepped out to open Fiona's door for her and handed her keys back, wishing her good night before heading home.