•|38

AUTHOR POV :-

"So, it seems like you fell for her," Jungkook, enveloped in the suffocating tension of his internal struggle, faced the taunts of his inner voice with a cold and resolute gaze. The smirking specter of his darker instincts seemed to revel in the turmoil it stirred within him.

"Well, it's not a new thing," the inner voice jeered, its words echoing with a sinister familiarity. "At the end of the day, you will do the same thing with her that you've done with others."

Jungkook's jaw clenched in anger, the inner voice's taunts penetrating the fortress of his composure. The devilish smirk on the spectral face seemed to deepen, relishing the chaos it sowed within the executive's mind.

"Poor soul, she will be di—"

"Shut up!" Jungkook erupted, his voice a thunderous force pushing back against the malevolent whispers. His breaths came heavy, an audible manifestation of the internal turmoil.

"Shut up! You can't control me anymore, SHUT UP!" he shouted again, the desperation in his voice echoing in the hallowed space of his office. The devilish chuckle from his inner voice persisted, a haunting backdrop to the internal confrontation.

"I truly love her, and she too. She is not like other girls who come to me just because of money," Jungkook declared, his words a defiant stance against the cynical narrative woven by his darker self.

The inner voice, undeterred, continued its provocation. "Don't forget, you forced her into this marriage."

"You did that, not me..." Jungkook countered, pointing accusingly at the spectral figure lounging on the metaphorical couch of his subconscious.

"You forced me to force her into this marriage, otherwise, I would never do this to her," Jungkook stated with a vehement intensity, his anger radiating palpably.

Hmm... but don't forget... Just because of me, you have her. Otherwise, she would have already rejected you," the inner voice insidiously tried to plant seeds of doubt. Jungkook sighed, the weight of that statement pressing upon him. It was a bitter truth he struggled to reconcile with.

The sinister laughter continued, intertwining with the shadows of his thoughts. "And do you think she will love you when she comes to know about your true self?" the inner voice queried, its devilish chuckle sending shivers down Jungkook's spine.

His gaze locked onto the ephemeral figure, the embodiment of his darker instincts. The room seemed to close in as the internal struggle intensified. Jungkook's expression hardened, a silent determination surfacing in his eyes.

"She will," he asserted with a conviction that resonated through the hallowed space of his office. "I will make sure she sees the real me—the one who loves her genuinely."

The inner voice responded with a cynical sneer, "Ah, the illusions of love. How long before the façade crumbles, and she sees the darkness within?"

Jungkook shook his head, unwilling to let the negativity seep into his resolve. "I won't let the darkness define me. I'll be the man she deserves, not the one you want me to be."

He smirk. "Believe, you never gonna change. I will never change you," the inner voice's ominous declaration reverberated through his consciousness, a sinister undertone underscoring the words. Jungkook's eyes narrowed, a storm brewing beneath the surface.

As the last echoes of the sinister laughter faded away, Jungkook felt a surge of anger coursing through him. The taunting words lingered, like a venomous serpent coiled around his thoughts. He closed his eyes, attempting to rein in the tumultuous emotions that threatened to spill over.