Silent Hearts| Lando Norris

Author's note:

I'm so sorry ya'll for not updating daily I've been busy with my exams and it can be annoying to leave my stories on vliff hangers so i made a longer psrt 2 for silent hearts so enjoy it as much as you can! I love you guys sm❤️‍🔥

Songs:non suggested
Warnings :angst, sad
Words: 7k

Y/n's POV:

The next day had arrived, i woke up with soar sides and a dry mouth. I've been standing infront of the mirror, examining my burn marks for the past 10 mins now, analyzing what i would tell Lando the minute he opens up about yesterday's discussion. Feeling myself snap back once i heard the door bell, i looked over my shoulder at the open door of my bedroom before looking back at my burn marks through the mirror and lowering down my jumper. I paced downstairs and was quick to open the door with deep breaths.

Lando looked tired as he stood just outside. His head was down but he seemed to be brighter when i opened the door. He had a bag in his hand, and the look on his face wasn't one of relief.

"morning" he said softly, his eyes subtly lowered down to my covered marks and when i cleared my throat to defuse the tension he averted his eyes as soon as possible.

"morning lan" i returned his greet back just as softly which made him lightly smile.

"i.... Uh... Brought breakfast, thought you might want some" he held up the bag for me. I felt my heart skip a beat and butterflies in my stomach at his caring state. I really shouldn't do this to myself but it's like as if he was a fallen angel. I glanced down at the bag and smiled warmly up at him.

"thank you" i took the bag gently from his hands, making sure not to graze him and opened the door wider to welcome him in.

"no problem" he ruffled his hair as he walked in while i continued my way to the kitchen to lay out the two caramel croissants he had gotten, my favorite.
I could sense him coming after me to the kitchen. I laid out the food on two plates and turned around to see him leaning at the door frame but instead of his usual flirtatious grin his face was reflected with sadness and deep thoughts. My smile immediately dropped, knowing he was ruining himself  aware with the fact that  if i told him the truth he'd be even more destroyed.

"do they... Still hurt" he mumbled and i found myself caught up with the sudden question.
"yeah.... Yeah so much better today" silence fell again as i handed him his plate and we both sat down on the stools across eachother on the kitchen counter. I avoided his eyes as much as i could, unable to initiate the conversation first so i just prayed he'd bring it up himself.

We both took our first bites with a few glances up here and there until he finally spoke up and i let out a relieved exhale i didn't know i was holding.