Not Tonight part 4 | CARLOS SAINZ

Third person's POV:

"Y/n ?"
"dad?" she turned around to see her dad standing with his hand in his pocket while the other held a champagne glass, classic.

Y/n had to admit she wasn't all that excited to meet her dad, if anything he was the last person she wanted to see right now.

She gave him a fake smile and leaned in slightly when he offered her a hug, which was very rare. She awkwardly let go after patting him on the back and leaving space between them both. Carlos had been observant since they walked in with her behavior, he chose to mind his business and just stay stood behind her, only acting when needed.

"i thought you wouldn't come" her dad spoke to her in a cheerful tone, he was a bit wasted already she could feel it. She smiled sheepishly at him and laughed nervously.

"i mean you forced me so" she replied jokingly but deep down she knew damn well she just wanted to hit a wall and smash her head against a pole.

He laughed along "well, since you're here let me introduce you to some of the new men that would like to meet you".

"not even a how are you first?" she tilted her head

The moment Carlos heard him, he swallowed deeply down and clenched his jaw, her dad really was an asshole. He glanced at her while staying stiff behind.

She shifted uncomfortably, her discomfort so visible on her face it was impossible to ignore it. She chuckled falsely at him and stepped back slightly, bumping into Carlos's chest by accident. She ignored her painful stomach and smiled politely to her dad.

"i know you are, Carlos has been updating me" he pointed at Carlos and she turned around getting a glimpse of him then returning. "oh" was all she said, he couldn't even text HER to make sure she's okay.

"uhh thanks.. Dad but i think.. I think I'm good here" but he didn't look like he was going to budge.

"oh come on, you'll get out of your comfort zone a bit" he extended his hand to pull her but she pushed back further, almsot tripping on Carlos's feet, but he was quick to hold her from her elbows, going unnoticed by her father.

"i said I'm good dad" she was getting concerned at this point. Suddenly his demeanor changed, and his brows scrunched together, he looked as stoic as a statue and y/n could feel her heart about to beat out of her chest, this face was far too familiar to her. She waited until he spoke and when he was about to, the party host came through, slinging his arm across her dad's shoulder.

"Marc! i thought you were getting another champagne?"
Y/n rolled her eyes and took her opportunity to leave. She turned towards Carlos and stepped up, signaling him to leave with her quickly before her dad could come out of the conversation him and the party host just engaged in.

Carlos nodded at her with a half smile and they ducked out just in time when her dad had turned around to see an empty spot.

Y/n and Carlos kept on pacing towards the spacious kitchen where there was barely anyone and more quieter.
She visibly breathed out a relieved sigh and placed her hand over her chest before closing her eyes and leaning on the kitchen counter.

Carlos stood quiet infront of her, his hands intertwined as he watched her like a puppy.

Silence fell between them and when he acknowledged her heavy breathing, he walked over to the fridge, grabbing her a bottle of water then handing it out to her. She looked at it for a few seconds, glancing between him and the bottle before hesitantly taking it from his hand and chugging it down.

"thank you, Carlos" she smiled at him, greatful for his help and puffed out another sigh.

"of course signora" he returned the smile and stepped back. Signora, that was new to her.