Chapter 3 - Maddie's father

A little while later, Amy said to the Doctor and Maddie. "I'm going the jump into the shower." She looked at them. "Till the smell is gone."

"Yeah, I'm also going do that." Maddie said to her, then she looked at the Doctor. "Do we have rooms?"

"Yes, the TARDIS can show it to you two." The Doctor looked up to her. "Walk into the hallway, then the TARDIS shows it further where you two need to go."

"Thank you, Doctor." Amy and Maddie said almost in unison as then they walked out of the console to find their room.

Not much later they find their room as then Maddie said to Amy. "Good night, Amy."

"You too, Maddie." Amy said to her.

Then they walked into their rooms, after Maddie showered she went to bed as she did know that Amy did same.

~00~

Then later Maddie was wandering around the TARDIS as then she came out by the console as then she saw the Doctor busy with something. Then she walked forwards to him as she wanted answers. "Doctor?!" Maddie asked to him as he jumped a little.

The Doctor turned to look at Maddie. "Maddie, what's wrong?"

"I couldn't really sleep, because I have questions." Maddie replied to him.

"What for questions do you have?" The Doctor asked to her.

"Why didn't the machine on star ship UK see me as a human?" She looked at him. "Why do I feel this connection between us?" The Doctor was in thought. "Am I an alien?"

Then he noticed that she have ring on her finger. "That ring, how did get that?"

Maddie looked down at her ring. "I'm adopted as a baby, but at the orphan house as a baby, when they adopted me and I had the ring with me and..." She trailed off. The Doctor looked more confused as she said in realization. "The letter, the people from there had it. So as I was 17 years old when my adopted parents told me the keep the ring with me, they had always told the keep it with me." She looked up to him. "But what is it about?"

"Can I see it?" The Doctor asked her as she nodded to him as she gave her ring to him. Then he looked shocked as he looked closer to it. "That can't be?!" He exclaimed.

"What's wrong?" Maddie looked worried.

"Well, this is something that my people can make, the Time Lords." The Doctor explained.

"But what has that to do with me?" Maddie sked to the Doctor.

"You said you were adopted right?" The Doctor asked to her seriously.

"Yes, but what was that to do with this?" She pointed at the ring that he have in his hands.

Then the Doctor suddenly asked to her. "Can I through the TARDIS scan you?"

"Yes, of course." Maddie replied to him, but she was little confused.

The Doctor set the console ready. "Stay still, please." Maddie nodded as then he scanned her. Then he was done scanning her as then he looked at the results. "No, it can't be." He looked shocked at the results.

"What's wrong?" Maddie asked to him.

"Nothing is really wrong, but it says that you are half human and half..." The Doctor trailed off.

"And the other half?" Maddie asked as she wanted to know, but had her suspicions.

"Time lord." The Doctor replied seriously as he still looked at the screen. Then Maddie walked over to him as she wanted to see it for herself.