My New Life

It's been a few years since I started living with Nori and it's been the best years of my life. I helped Nori raise Uzi and I guess I was more of a father figure to her, but Nori and me weren't together. She doesn't want another and I'm happy to keep it that way if she wants. Right now I'm waiting for her to get Uzi ready for her first day of school and that didn't really take long. Uzi came running at me and jumped into a hug making me fall to the ground.

Uzi: Y/n!!

Y/n: Sup Princess! *Swinging Uzi around* Ready for your first day of school!

Uzi: *smiling* Yeah!

I let her go and put her on my shoulder while going outside the apartment. I started walking twords the school and Nori stayed behind doing some chores. When it comes to stuff like this she can get pretty emotional. As we were walking we got a hi and a hello from pretty much everyone since they knew I was Uzi's dad now. I was still walking and Uzi was playing with my hair while humming a song.

Y/n: You excited?

Uzi: Yeah! So many friends to make!

Y/n: *chuckles* What did I tell you to do when talking to other people?

Uzi: Always be kind and use my manners.

Y/n: What manners?

Uzi: Y/n...

Y/n: I'm just making sure I did a good job teaching you.

Uzi: Please and thank you.

Y/n: Thanks, well look who it is!

I rounded a corner seeing Yeva, Yuri and Doll standing there. Uzi got off of me and she made a b-line for Yeva grabbing her hand.

Uzi: Hi auntie!!

Yeva looks down at her smiling and picked her up.

Yeva: Hello sweetie! How are you doing?

Uzi: Super great!

She hugged Yeva and I walked over to Yuri.

Y/n: Heya, Dolly!

That got here attention and I'm guessing she's holding Yuri's leg right now because she's shy. It's gonna be a bad time at school for her if she's this shy.

Y/n: Wanna hug?

I extended my hand and she grabbed my hand. I then pulled her into a hug.

Y/n: You ready for your first day of school?

She shook her head no.

Y/n: Aww, why not? There's a bunch of friends you can make! Plus there's a bunch of fun stuff you can do!

She shook her head no again and her grip got tighter.

???: Hello these two must be our new students!

I looked up and saw the teacher walking to us.

Yuri: Hey Lora, yes but it's kinda backwards.

Lora: I can tell!

She saw the kid swap and looked down at Doll who was trying to hide behind me.

Lora: Aww is someone a little shy?

Y/n: Yeah, she doesn't like being a from her family.

Lora: Aww it'll only be for a few hours, come on let's find something you enjoy.

She was reaching for Doll but she just tried to hide some more, so I had a idea.

Y/n: Mind if I help out? If I'm there she might be more open when she's comfortable.