Catching Up

We all made it back home and I told Uzi that she was grounded for a month. We sat around the couch and we started catching up with each other. I was actually surprised that he managed to change for way back then and Nori thought he was funny. She could see why Uzi likes him, on the other hand Doll wasn't at all happy that a Murder Drone was in here but she held back on saying anything harsh to him. When Nori started cooking N and Uzi kept sitting around, but Doll went to her room. Nori gave her the spare room and I jumped off the couch to follow her. I knocked on the door frame and she looked down at me.

Doll: Yes dad?

Y/n: Just wanted to spend some time with ya.

I walked over and climbed onto her bed sitting next to her.

Doll: Oh okay, why is he here? Don't you hate him?

Y/n: That's a good point, but Nori wants me to be nice to him and with Uzi liking him while doing what I tell her not to do.

Doll: Ah, I see. Question for you?

Y/n: What is it, Dolly?

Doll: With school being out for the week, could I have Lizzy and Rebecca over tonight?

Y/n: I'm gonna have to ask Nori, but I don't have a problem with it.

She bent down and gave me a hug.

Doll: Thanks dad!

Y/n: If you need somebody to talk to don't hold back on asking me. I'm always gonna be here for you.

Doll: Okay.

She let go of me and I jumped off her bed.

Y/n: Alright, I'll go talk to Nori about your sleep over.

Doll: Okay!

I left her room and went into the kitchen seeing Nori making some kinda salad.

Y/n: Hey dear.

I walked over and set a chair. I climbed onto the chair and started helping her cook the salad.

Nori: How did things go with N after I left?

Y/n: We didn't really talk about much, he and Uzi kept talking and I went talk with Dolly.

I diced some stuff up.

Nori: What did you two chat about?

Y/n: Nothing much, why N's here and wanting to have a sleep over with Lizzy and Rebecca tonight.

Nori: And?

Y/n: I wanted to know what you thought because I don't see why she can't.

Nori: Nor do I, it might help her relax a little.

Y/n: Yeah, I don't get how she's so calm a day after her parents died.

Nori: She's always been a bit of a bit odd, it's her weird charm.

Y/n: Good point, but she wanted us to be her parents pretty fast.

Nori: Well this was her second home, she was here almost every day before.

Y/n: Another good point, guess those five years in the elementary school hooked her to me.

Nori: No doubt.

We kept cooking dinner and I walked back to Doll to tell her she can have the sleepover. When I got that done me and Nori started relaxing in the kitchen, until we hear a knock at the door.

Nori: They got here quick.

Uzi let them in and she was surprised to see them. They went to Doll's room and closed the door behind them, I went by and opened the door again.

Y/n: You gotta follow the rules too, Dolly. When you have friends over you leave your door open, *points at Uzi* especially since N's here.

Uzi: He won't do anything!

Y/n: Don't worry, I'm not worried about him. I'm more worried about what you'll do with him.

Uzi: DAD!

She threw something at me and I jumped over it while chuckling to myself. I walked back to the kitchen and we got everything prepared. We set the table and called everyone down for dinner. It was a blast with us throwing in a few jokes and laughed with N. I was even surprised that I'm actually getting along with him and when we were done we cleaned up. N even helped out and thanked us for the dinner, the girls went back to their rooms. I heard the doors close and was about to open them myself, but they opened back up. When everything was cleaned up N said his goodbyes and gave Uzi a hug. That's understandable since she can't see him for a month, but Nori chimed in and said that he can come whenever he wants. He thanked us again before leaving, Nori and I plopped onto our bed. We just laid there in silence and it was broken by Nori giggling.

Nori: Our little girl knows how to pick them.

Y/n: Yeah, let's hope that Dolly can do that.

Nori: You've certainly come along way in a short time.

Y/n: I can't really do anything about the future, so let's just see what it can throw.

She smiled before snuggling up to me.

Nori: You're an amazing husband, and a even better father.

She kissed me and I was smiling when we pulled away. I was happy with the life I have right now and I couldn't ask for a better one if I tried.