Video Call

Jane

Today, I'm excited about the video call with the VKs. I'm hoping it goes well and they enjoy the treat before family day.

"Boys and Girls, if I call your name, please stay, and if you do not, you get a study hall in the library."

I didn't want all the other kids to be there in case it got ugly or something. The other kids got their video call the other day.

"M, Heidi, Aaron and Sawyer."

The Vks move up as the rest of the kids file out.

"So kids, today we have arranged a video call with your parents. Today is Family Day, and we want to give you the same opportunity to see them."

I see Ben and Mal slip into the room as I turn on the TV.

"Oh it's on; HEARTS!" Gothel screams, making M flinch.

The red and black haired lady barrels through the door sitting with Shan Yu.

"My babies!" She smiles, delighted to see them, "How are you both? How's school? M, Sawyer, I'm glad to see you guys too"

"Hi mom" the twins say together.

"School is absolutely wonderful, I'm in a fashion club and a cheerleader! We made all these new friends and I love it here. I miss you"

"I'm loving it here, too. I'm in woodshop and Parkour class! I'm making a birdhouse, and we're going to paint it too. I miss you a lot"

"I miss you both too," she smiles sadly.

"Hi grandfather!" Sawyer waves.

Shan Yu waves back, "Sawyer! How are you? I miss you so much, and so does your father! What are you doing in school?"

"Well I'm on the fencing team!-" "That's my boy!" He beams., "and I'm also doing kickboxing. I like Chemistry and Auradonian History the best. How's the dojo?"

I'm guessing Shan Yu has a martial arts dojo?

"Good, your dad is packed with classes"

"M!" She shouts, "come closer"

The girl looks a little hesitant until she shouts louder, "NOW"

She scoots closer, and I faintly hear,

"You're hair looks good. Don't get too comfortable though"

She nods quickly and backs away. I can tell she's fiddling with her necklace as a nervous habit.

"Lay off the girl okay" Shan Yu says.

"What are you talking about?!" She yells, "Stay out of this. You don't have enough brains to understand."

"Gothel!" Hannah gasps appalled.

"So you don't think I know, I know the truth, and you're sick. Most of the villains changed! I don't know what your problem is" he argues back.

I can tell M is shaking as Heidi reaches over to hold M's hand. Her fiddling with her necklace gets worse as she is practically pulling at it now.

"SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!" she rolls her eyes and continues, "This is ridiculous! I SWEAR-"

But Sawyer immediately turned off the TV. M immediately visibly relaxed, turning to face Sawyer,

"Thank you"

"You saved me back at dinner. It was my turn"

She nods awkwardly and turns to grab her bag. The other kids follow before I gently call out,

"Wait, we are so sorry"

"We?" Aaron repeats.

"Sorry um we've been standing back here" Ben confesses.

Their heads whip around and look surprised.

"Um today would you like to join our family at Family Day? I feel bad about what happened. My mother did something similar when we first came, but your mother was 10x worse" Mal admits.

M paled and flinched a little. Heidi looks around and sees that no one else speaks up, so she says,

"We'll love to, thank you"

Mal and Ben smile back as the kids leave for the rest of the day.

Heidi

M and I are getting ready for Family Day right now.

I am wearing a bright red dress with some lace and wedges. I made it myself in fashion club.

I also made M's dress. She's wearing it with her black leather jacket and studded boots.

 She's wearing it with her black leather jacket and studded boots

We head out and walk to meet up with the boys in the courtyard.

"You both look good" Aaron compliments.

"Right back at ya" DiDi giggles.

"Oh- hey guys, are you guys ready?" A voice calls out.