Chapter 1 «Goodbye»

There's just a little bit left...

A quiet and peaceful start to a new day. The golden rays of the rising sun penetrate through the foliage of the trees, creating a play of light and shadow. In the distance of the city you can hear the sound of the surf, the gentle whisper of the waves. But this idyllic picture hides a secret that will be revealed very soon. In a dark room, monitor screens shine, and a map of the city with many red dots is displayed on them. This is the command center of an elite special forces unit ready for the start of the operation. The team leader raises his hand, signaling the start of the operation.

— Reception. Are all the squads ready?

— That's right.

— Launch of Operation Falcon Fang. Ready in five seconds, over.

Nothing would spoil this delightful day except....The loud thumping of boots hitting the stairs. A life-and-death game. The armed forces of special forces running up the stairs clearing the mall from a terrorist group that called itself "Fireborn".

* A little earlier*

— Listen carefully. According to our information, the hostages are on the third floor of the shopping center. The exact number of terrorists is unknown, but it is known that there are at least twenty-six hostages. The leader of the terrorist gang is Morten Steinman. A scumbag who fancied himself a god, he committed a huge number of crimes for more than 453 lifetime. The outstanding scientist Erich Rouse is also among the hostages. His death, like the other hostages, is unacceptable. Recently, the terrorists' demands have become known, namely a helicopter for retreat and a bag with one million dollars. The bag will be handed over by our volunteer Sam. Klim takes full command of the operation. Is everything clear to everyone?  Ildar asked, standing next to a huge monitor.

— That's right.

*Present time*

— Reception. The first floor is completely cleaned.  I said into the radio.

- I accepted it. Access to the cameras from the third floor has been restored. - the dispatcher calmly told me.

— What good do you say, Princess?  I asked mockingly.

— Don't you dare call me that. I won't say the exact number, but at least four were near the stairs leading to the third floor.

— Accepted.

— Shadow, the doors are closed. We need a bomber. - standing near the closed metal doors, Toy shouted to me.

[Shadow is the call sign of Derrial Horst. Given for his excellent skill in stealth and the ability to work in the shadows without being noticed.]

—Leopard, the job is for you. - I called one of the key characters of this operation to me.

Our explosives technician, known as "Bars", immediately gets down to business and starts laying explosives. The building suspiciously freezes for a short moment before the impending storm. There was an explosion that destroyed the doors along with the wall, after which our squad ran into another part of the building.

— Reception. The second floor is clean.  Toi's voice sounded in my headphones.

Here we are all together again. Klim waved his head in the direction of the emergency exit, namely the stairs that led to the third floor of this shopping center. I went up to her and, at Klim's command, abruptly kicked out the door with my foot.