briefing.

Roxanne Kendall Martin (born May 21, 1986), also known as Pop-Rox, is an American television personality

Roxanne Kendall Martin (born May 21, 1986), also known as Pop-Rox, is an American television personality. She competed on Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X before moving on to compete in the MTV reality game show The Challenge, where she competed on Final Reckoning, Double Agents, and was a finalist on War of the Worlds, War of the Worlds 2, and Total Madness. She is set to compete on the show's 37th season, Spies, Lies, & Allies (2021). 

Television Appearances

Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X (2016)

A member of the original Vanua tribe, Martin was given the nickname "Pop-Rox" by fellow contenders Jay Starrett and Will Wahl—whom she'd later find herself in alliances with—after her bubbly personality and self-proclaimed sweet tooth. Rather small in size, what Martin lacked in the physical department was made up for in her social game. She'd perform well in challenges with her tribe and manage to avoid being voted out at Tribal Council. The day before the tribes swapped, Martin found a hidden immunity idol, and kept it a secret from everyone, even her closest allies.

Swapped onto the Ikabula tribe, Martin's alliance with Starrett stayed stronger than ever. On Day 21, however, Martin would suffer from heat stroke and would have to be medically evacuated. She told Starrett about her idol, instructing him to take it instead of leaving it in her bag and allowing it to be re-hidden.

The Challenge: Final Reckoning (2018)

Keeping her "Pop-Rox" moniker from Survivor, Martin was originally paired with Kailah Casillas, before being paired with Kam Williams after the altercation involving Casillas and Melissa Reeves. The pair won two eliminations and one daily challenge, before losing the "Dunking for Dinner" challenge and being eliminated.

Williams and Martin would then win the fourth and final Apocalypse against Kyle Christie and Brad Fiorenza, and return to the game, before once again being the second-to-last team to be eliminated before the final, losing the "Rolling Thunder" daily challenge.

This was also where Martin would meet Chris "CT" Tamburello. The pair had a short-lived alliance before Tamburello's elimination, and players have said that they saw "sparks fly" between the two during that time.

The Challenge: War of the Worlds (2019)

Martin was selected by rookie Stephen Bear to be partners for the first part of the season. As a pair, they would win one daily challenge and two eliminations before splitting up. Bear would be sent home by Kyle, but Martin would make it to the final, taking home fourth place. She won two daily challenges by herself.

This was the second time that CT and Martin would be seen on TV together, and it was clear the two were close—though, both said that they were just really close friends. In a confessional, Martin would indirectly state that she did have feelings for him but would likely never share, and that she was planning to but he got eliminated instead ("—everything  I want to say [to Tamburello], I can't, because I told myself I would play with my head. Not my heart.").

The Challenge: War of the Worlds 2 (2019)

Entering the game as reinforcement and a member of Team USA, Martin felt like she had a lot to prove after her fourth-place finish the previous season. She was only in an elimination once, against Laurel, in arguably one of her most iconic Challenge moments. Alongside Team USA would join the Tribunal in three daily challenges and go on to run the final alongside Zach Nichols, Paulie Calafiore, and Cara Maria Sorbello. The team ultimately fell short, marking Martin's second consecutive final appearance and second consecutive loss.

This season marked the start of CT and Martin's relationship, which became official about halfway through the game. 

The Challenge: Total Madness (2020)

Her fourth consecutive Challenge appearance, Martin would win another three daily challenges and an elimination against Aneesa Ferreira, which secured her ticket to another one of TJ's finals. She would ultimately place third, behind Kaycee Clark and Jenny West, leading to her third consecutive final and loss.

Martin noted that her favorite moment from the season was the daily challenge "Decode and Detonate", which she won alongside boyfriend CT. She cited the reason for this not only as her first daily win with Tamburello, but the fact that she got to "blow shit up".

The Challenge: Double Agents (2020-2021)

Fifth time's a charm, Martin assumed, but has said that Double Agents was "her worst performance yet". Paired with Devin Walker at the time of her elimination, she was eliminated by Aneesa in the fifth episode of the season. Martin doesn't take it to heart and regularly has made jokes about it.

Trivia

-  Ironically, Pop-Rox, the person, has said that she does not like Pop Rocks, the candy.

-  Martin has accredited Challenge host TJ Lavin to most of her success, saying that "she wouldn't be where she is if it wasn't for him". The two seem to be good friends.

-  Martin says she does not remember her Survivor medical episode.

-  Martin applies to be on The Real World: New York but did not make it on the show.

-  Martin says she did not like the "Pop-Rox" nickname at first but it has since been tattooed into her life in ways she will never be able to remove it.