02 - a forlorn gaze.

Roxanne felt like it was a good idea to instantly talk to Gabo once the challengers all made it to the house. She wasn't going to blow up at him or anything like she saw Ashley do to Hughie during the challenge, but she felt it would be good to get to know him, at least a little bit better, before this first elimination. She had a feeling that there would be some sort of All-Vet alliance, and although she was a vet, he was a rookie, so—she wasn't really sure.

"So, how are you physically?" she raised an eyebrow, leaning back in her seat. "I mean, it's a tough physical game. Are you—"

"You know, I'm working out and taking ten every day, but.. I didn't do competitions like this before." Gabo nodded.

"Right, yeah. So you're used to just, like, hanging out and partying and drinking?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Pretty much."

"Okay. So are you, like, are you here to win?"

"Yeah, like, I got you as a partner, I pretty much feel that we have a good chance."

"We'll, thank you." Roxanne chuckled. "I've done five of these and I haven't won yet, so—"

"There is a first time for everything."

"I agree. So, why did you pick me as a partner?" Roxanne chuckled, not sure what she expected as a response, but, certainly, it wasn't—

"Because you're hot."

Roxanne laughed, albeit a little awkwardly. The response took her by surprise, for sure. "Oh!"

"So I was like, she is hot, and she is good, she's gonna be my girl."

"Okay. Well, I'm n—" Roxanne chuckled, even more awkward than before. "I'll be your partner."

"I was like, this simple."

"Okay, well, you know where to find me if you have any ideas for anything, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Great. Nice to meet you again, Gabo."

"You too, Pop-Rox."

Roxanne got up and promptly left the room, making rounds around the house before finding CT, standing behind a counter, talking to Berna. She leaned in the doorway for a second until CT noticed her, waving her over. She smiled and stood next to him, wrapping an arm around his waist. "How's it goin'?"

"We're doin' good. Yeah." CT nodded. Roxanne smiled, turning her attention from him to his partner.

"So where are you from, Berna?"

"I am from Germany, I did.. three season of Survivor  in Turkey." Berna smiled.

"Three? Goddamn. I did one here." Roxanne chuckled. "I got med-evac'd."

"Me too!"

"Aye!" Roxanne grinned, fist-bumping the other one. "My Survivor  sister. Yeah, it was bad. But I like this show better, y'know? It's a lot more competitive. And there's virtually no way for me to get heat stroke again."

"Yeah." Berna chuckled. "How many have you done?"

"This is my sixth."

"Yeah, last season was a wreck for her." CT interrupted, laughing as Roxanne smacked him upside the head.

"Two Double Agents jokes in a day. Wow, Chris. Wow." Roxanne rolled her eyes, yet couldn't help but giggle as CT, through laughs, pressed a kiss to the side of her head. "No, it's fine. I joke about it all the time."

"It happens." Berna chuckled. "How long are you two together for?"

"Uh, two years?" Roxanne looked at CT. "Worlds  2 so, yeah, two years. But we've been friends for longer."