Your Grace

Everything was grey. The sound of heels hitting the ground was the only thing audible. Even his pale face was greyish, slight pink cheeks were the only color in the early morning. After last night's rain it was pretty cold, causing Neuvillette to see his own breath.

After he reached the Aquabus he got on one quietly, leaving the city. He took a walk on the shore, enjoying the peace he doesn't usually get. He aimlessly wandered around, picking some flowers to take to Sigewinne, they were all colorful and good smelling, right before their bloom so it wouldn't wither away too quickly.

The water reflected a few rays of the early sunshine, creating a perfect landscape for any deranged artist who would wake up this early to paint it down. Neuvillette admired the scenery for a little while more before returning to the Palais, putting the flowers into some water and sitting down to do some work.

Just before lunch, Furina barged in to Neuvillette's office, making him flinch a little. "Lady Furina, I know that you can-" "Neuvillette! There's something wrong with the people!" The man stands up with a frown, unable to understand Furina's panic. "Please calm down, and tell me the details." Furina calms down and begins. "Today I was meeting fans and in the beggining it was all normal, but after a while people started to ask weird questions." "What kind of questions?" "About you. Your schedule and stuff. I told them that you don't see fans and they completely ignored that. The questions got weirder by the second and I was starting to feel uncomfortable."

Neuvillette looked at Furina like he just heard a shocking fairy tale but soon got into a deep thinking. "I see. Were they personal questions?" "Yes! Not all of them, but they were definitely not something you should ask, especially not from someone else if you want to know that." "I advise you to send the fans away for a few days and maybe they'll understand what's wrong with their questions." Furina sighed and made a sour expression before walking away slowly.

"It's not usual for her to be this... down." He sat down back to his desk, picking up the pen and staring at the documents. "She looked really bothered... Should I look into this?" Time flied by as he just sat there, only finishing a few papers before the time he promised to visit Sigewinne.

Neuvillette got up from the desk and looked outside, checking the weather. It was cloudy, but it didn't rain yet. He looked down, noticing a few people looking up at him from the benches. He frowned and stepped away from the window, finding it oddly creepy. He decided to tie his hair in a low ponytail for some change. He put the flowers into decorative paper before leaving his office, locking the door behind.

There weren't many people on the streets, which was odd because when he looked out the window the streets were crowded.

When he arrived to the Opera Epiclese he made a quick stop at the Fountain of Loucine. He closed his eyes to feel the water before him. "It's... sad... The water feels unbeliveably sad and sorrowful." He thought to himself, a bit shaken up by the intense rush of strong emotions. A few raindrops hit his head before he took in a long breath, containing himself.

He rode the lift down to the entrance of the Fortress, being greeted with polite words and nods. Without thinking much of it he knew the way to the Duke's office, ignoring the confused stares he got from inmates. He knocked and was greeted with a "Come in." before disappearing in the office.

Slow music was playing, the air filled with the smell of fresh tea when he climbed the stairs. "Ah, Monsieur Neuvillette! Didn't think you'd actually come. Sigewinne had high hopes though." "Good to see you. I see you've grown quite fond of tea." He said, looking at a table with a pot in the middle and several cups. "I actually am. Sigewinne always tells me it's bad for my health, but really, is there anything that's only healthy?" Neuvillette answered without hesitation. "Water." "Are you sure about that?" "Yes." "It can boil you, it can freeze you, it can drown you and you can die from drinking too much."