three.

the stampede of customers charging past kristen with trollers full of electronics should've told her immediately that something was wrong. however, her instincts weren't the best so instead she just stood out of the way to let a woman pass her by as she wondered what the big hurry was. "shut it down! shut it all down!"

it didn't take long for her to latch onto what was happening, amy running past her at full speed instantly told her that a mistake had been made somewhere in the store. she found jonah looking extremely guilty as customers raced around him as he tried and failed to stop them from leaving the electronics aisle. chaos was reigning over by the televisions, two customers arguing over the last one. kristen couldn't be bothered to even try and break it up. "what's going on?"

"minor issue," he tapped the scanner. "the customers might believe that all of the electronics are 25c." kristen's first instinct was to laugh, purely because she thought that he might have been joking. "are you serious?" she asked, the chaos around her starting to make sense. "fuck." she turned and grabbed onto the nearest customers trolley, she couldn't halt all of them but she could attempt to stop the ones with the most in their trollies while amy sorted everything out.

"hi, how are you?" she asked sweetly. "there's been an employee mistake, obviously i can't let you leave the store with underpriced electronics." kristen had thought being nice might work, after so many years at cloud nine she probably should've known better. the woman rammed her trolley forward, narrowly missing kristen's foot. "it's not my problem that you can't do your job properly."

"actually it's not my fault." kristen hopped back, keeping her hands on the trolley. "ok ma'am, you're not leaving the store with 25c of electronics whether you like it or not is not my problem." she pushed the trolley back a little, the customer becoming more agitated with kristen who had begun to take the stuff from her trolley. "this is stealing!" kristen scoffed at her, which she knew she probably shouldn't be doing but she wasn't entirely in the mood to deal with any of this.

"do you realise how stupid you are? i mean what moron thinks they're going to get out of a store with a bunch of cheap electronics, use your brain!" the words had tumbled from her mouth before she could stop them, she halted for a moment and so did the woman who looked shocked. even jonah had stopped trying to argue with a customer over a radio to see what the commotion was with her. "that's it," the woman straightened up, leaving kristen and her discarded items on the floor. "i'm taking my business elsewhere." kristen was already on a roll, she lifted up the boxes carefully and then fake smiled at the woman. "fine with me," she tilted her head. "have a heavenly day."

"there's no need to identify whoever it is whose fault this is." glenn stood at the top of the break room, jonah sliding down in his seat in front of where kristen was sitting. amy was by the sink with a cup of coffee, a mixture of irritation and amusement written across her face. "we can all learn a lesson here." the other new hire, mateo sat up straighter in his own chair. "would that lesson be not letting jonah reprice inventory in the future?"

kristen stifled her laugh, jonah turning to look at her. "sorry," she whispered, biting the inside of her mouth. "it might be, yes," glenn replied. mateo looked incredibly satisfied with himself which was only making it harder for kristen to not laugh. "oh and also if we could not call our customers stupid, that would also be nice." kristen's face flushed red, amy and a couple of others shooting shocked looks in jonah's direction. "no, no!" he held up his hands. "that was not me."

he turned once again to face kristen who shook her head at him pleadingly but obviously neither of them were good at being subtle because amy's shocked look was suddenly on kristen. "in my defence, she was being stupid," she protested, dina shaking her head with a sigh. "maybe keep it to yourself next time," amy suggested. "i think a lot of people are stupid, i don't vocalise it." kristen glared at her, jonah glancing between them before he turned his attention back to glenn, almost as if he had felt like he was intruding. kristen kept her glare on amy who had also turned her attention back, she wanted nothing more than to smash the girls coffee mug over her head at that moment.