{|ꉓꃅꍏꉣ꓄ꍟꋪ ꂦꈤꍟ|}

The town was dark, empty, and oddly quiet.

The sky was a usual dark grey, the colds always covering thought the sun brought. The skyscrapers, once glimmering in the sunlight, were now empty and bare.

Oliver quickly ran across the street, jumping through the broken window of the old supermarket. He lifted the mask off his face for a quick moment, looking around before putting it back down.

He held his rifle close, trying to catch his breath as he hides under the windowsill.

The small group of zombies walked past, not being able to detect him or his presence.

Oliver stood up straight, taking careful steps around the market, looking at the empty or destroyed shelves for some sort of editable food.

He froze when he heard the sound of loud slurring in a nearby aisle. His hand instinctively moved down to his rifle, slowly grabbing it and picking it up as he rounds the corner.

"You can stop creeping up on me,"

A voice suddenly speaks up. He quickly points his gun in that direction, relaxing when he realized it was a human. She was petite, pale girl with short, messy white hair and icy blue eyes. She had an empty can of tomato soup in her hands, and her lips were covered in a red, soupy liquid.

She had a black tang-top, baggy white sweatpants which were covered in dirt, and ripped and torn grey sneakers.

Empty cans of varying soups were around her, some stuffed into an old and dirty sleeping bag and other scattered across the floor. A ripped up black teddy bear rested on the floor next to a small pastel pink backpack which layed on the ground next to the aisle shelf.

Oliver relaxed, putting his rifle back.

"Well, I was expectin' another zombie.. it's nice to see a friendly face."

Oliver said, walking into the woman's small hiding spot. The girl backed away slightly but smiled, her hands in her pockets.

"Oh, hello! I'm Sunny, its nice to meet you!"

The white haired woman said cheerfully, holding her hand out to him.

He looked down at her hand, smiling as took it and shook it gently. "Names Oliver."

He thinks a moment, before finally deciding to take his helmet off for her. He could trust her, right?

Sunny's eyes land in the helment, her eyed filled with curiosity. "What's that?" Oliver looks down at the helmet in his hand, smiling as he gently and carefully places it on the aisle near him.

"That's my helm, made it myself."

He told the curious white haired girl, his tone warm and hearty. "Ooohhh..."

Sunny nods her head, her eyes lighting up as her childish imagination returning to her adult mind.

"So.. what's the point of it? Does it have like.. magical lasers and can they kill zombies? Like... Like pew pew, aghhhh! Don't kill me! Pew pew!"

Sunny asked, acting out a scene of a zombie being killed by lasers in his helmet. Oliver chuckled and gently shook his head.

"It don't do that, it's just got a few vision options and protection for ma' head."

"Oh." Sunny said with a pout, her arms crossed as she look down at it and pretend to still be interested. "That's cool."

She lied, giving him an akaward smile. "It may be borin', but it does it job. It's also useful for its infrared option," Oliver picked his helmet back up, placing it back on his head, pressing a button which made the eye holes on the helment light up a crimson red.

Sunny gasped, her eyed lighting up with excitement. "It can light up? That's so cool!" Sunny said, looking at the helmet in awe.

"I knew ya' see it's worth when I put it on, it's good to have this know stuff goes south, y'know?" Oliver asked, his body tensing when he spoke.

Sunny noticed how tense she was, her eyes widening as she looks up at him then back around at the empty shelves on the aisle around her, and the broken but boarded up window of the abandoned supermarket.

"Yeah.. I forgot we were in the middle of an apocalypse."

Sunny whispers to herself, fiddling with her thumbs before she sighs and shakes her head, trying to think positive. "So.. do you have any other cool gadgets? Like VR glasses? Or.. or magical gun?"

Sunny asks, her eyes filled with excitement at the thought. Oliver raises a brow, a slight smile on his lips as he shakes his head.

"Stuff like that doesn't exist."

Sunny's eyes narrowed as she placed her hands on her hips. "How do you know that?"

Oliver blinked a couple times. "Well.. I don't, but I anit never seen stuff like that." He said plainly.

"Did ya leave anything on these here shelves?" He asked, looking through the empty cans of soups on the shelves. "Uhh.. I dunno, probably." Sunny said as she shrugged her shoulders, notcing the half full can of soup she was eating earlier. She smiles and picks it up, handing it to him. "Here! You can have this."

Oliver looked over at the can of soup and smiles, taking it from her. Suddenly, the loud bangs and screeches of bullets from guns being shot outside caught the twos attention.

Sunny flinched, her ears immediately moving up to her ears as she closes her eyes.

Oliver quickly gets down, grabbing his rifle. "Open the door!" A new voice yells from the other side of the door, banging in it loudly. "Why should we?!" Oliver yelled back, making his way closer to the door. Sunny watched him, standing up and closely following behind.

"I have supplies!"

The voice yelled, which made Oliver roll his eyes. "Got a better reason?" Sunny looked at Oliver than the door, waiting for an answer with Oliver.

"I.. I'm looking for my wife." The man said, his voice quieter and sadder, which immediately pulled on Sunny's heartstrings.

But his sad tone didn't work on Oliver. "Look elsewhere! She anit here." Oliver said sternly. "Please.. she hasn't eaten in days.. I just..." The voice goes quiet when Sunny answers the door, a smile on her lips as she let's him in.

"You've got one chance." Sunny said, giving their newly found teammate all the trust she possibly could.

Oliver chuckled and shook his head, keeping a close eye on the newcomer. The man quickly makes his way inside, looking around the area.